Ryan Martin 134 lbs beat Bryant Cruz 135 lbs by TKO at 0:45 in round 8 of 10
- Date: 2017-03-18
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Harvey Dock
- Judge: Robin Taylor
- Judge: Eric Marlinski
- Judge: John Basile
- WBC Supervisor: Jill Diamond
World Boxing Council Continental Americas Lightweight Title
- Televised undercard bout before main event Gennady Golovkin versus Danny Jacobs unification middleweight title bout.
- 18-0 Ryan 'Blue Chip' Martin retained his WBC Continental Americas title with an eighth round stoppage of Cruz. WBC Supervisor: Jill Diamond.
- Bryant 'Pee Wee' Cruz was examined by ringside doctor at end of sixth round and indicated he was okay. He got another chance to continue.
- Referee Harvey Dock stopped contest with Cruz taking a beating in a corner. Cruz protested the stoppage, but he was not winning any rounds.
- Overall good stoppage by referee Harvey Dock. Cruz was in the house, but taking too many head shots and was badly outworked by that point.