Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Jr
(Redirected from Fight:2150131)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kell Brook 147 lbs lost to Errol Spence Jr 146 lbs by KO at 1:47 in round 11 of 12
- Date: 2017-05-27
- Location: Bramall Lane Football Ground, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Judge: Dave Parris 94-95
- Referee: Howard John Foster
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 92-97
- Judge: Alejandro Lopez Cid 93-96
- Promoter: Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Sport)
- Aired On: Sky Box Office, Showtime
- IBF World welterweight title (4th defence by Brook)
- Brook took a knee in the tenth round from a barrage of punches from Spence.
- Brook took another knee due to damage to his left eye in round eleven and the fight was waved off.
- Eddie Hearn later confirmed Brook was being treated in hospital for a fractured eye socket. Brook fractured his right eye socket in his previous bout against Gennady Golovkin, but it was his left eye socket which fractured in this bout.
- "He’s one of the best kids I’ve been in with, if not the best. I got caught in the seventh round in the left eye. The double vision just stuck. I live to fight another day but I’m gutted that, in front of my home fans, I’ve lost my belt." - Kell Brook
- "I give Kell all the credit, and the hardcore fans here. A true champion goes anywhere to fight. He has gone to America and fought so I came here. I didn't feel that sharp, but true champions still win. He was tired, fatigued but kept firing shots. The goal is to unify and become undisputed welterweight champion of the world." - Errol Spence