Deontay Wilder vs. Bermane Stiverne (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:2191077)
Deontay Wilder 221 lbs beat Bermane Stiverne 255 lbs by KO at 2:59 in round 1 of 12
- Date: 2017-11-04
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Referee: Arthur Mercante Jr
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld
- Judge: John McKaie
- Judge: Eric Marlinski
- World Boxing Council World Heavyweight Title (6th defense by Wilder)
- Promoters: Lou DiBella (DiBella Entertainment), Don King (Don King Productions), Tom Brown (TGB Promotions)
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing (Main Event), Sky Sports (UK)
- Stiverne, who is the #1 contender for the title, replaces Luis Ortiz, who failed a drug test in September. Stiverne originally accepted money to step-aside and box Dominic Breazeale on the undercard and fight Wilder at a later date if he won. Stiverne has not fought since 2015 in a close decision win against Derric Rossy.
- Stiverne down three times. After 3rd down referee stopped the bout without counting.
- After the fight, Wilder called out WBA and IBF champion Anthony Joshua.