Errol Spence Jr vs. Lamont Peterson
(Redirected from Fight:2203649)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Errol Spence Jr 147 lbs beat Lamont Peterson 147 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 7 of 12
- Date: 2018-01-20
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Referee: Harvey Dock
- Judge: Julie Lederman 70-62
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 70-62
- Judge: Don Trella 70-62
- Supervisor: Eddie Cotton
- Promoters: Lou DiBella (DiBella Entertainment), Tom Brown (TGB Promotions)
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing, BoxNation (Main Event)
- IBF World Welterweight Title (1st defence for Spence Jr)
- Peterson down in round five from a left hook.
- Both of Peterson's eyes were swelling shut by the seventh round, and as the bell sounded to start the eighth, his trainer Barry Hunter called for it to be stopped by referee Harvey Dock.
- Spence Jr earned $1.2 million for the fight, Peterson earned $600,000. ,
- According to Compubox, Spence Jr landed 161 of 526 punches (31 percent), and Peterson connected on 45 of 158 (28 percent). 
- "My coach came with a great game plan, and I just followed through with it. I know Lamont. Lamont’s a tough fighter, he’s gonna give it all he’s got. He’s willing to die in there. His coach had to stop the fight. He wanted to keep going. That’s who Lamont is. Everybody knows I’m waiting on ‘Sometimes’ Thurman. I’ve been waiting a long time. Since I was 15-0, I’ve been calling this guy out, and he keeps making excuses. I’ve been waiting on him. Let’s get it on," Errol Spence said.