Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Jose Pedraza
(Redirected from Fight:2275144)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vasiliy Lomachenko 134 lbs beat Jose Pedraza 134 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2018-12-08
- Location: Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Harvey Dock
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 117-109
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale 117-109
- Judge: Tom Schreck 119-107
- WBA Super World Lightweight Title (1st defense by Lomachenko)
- WBO World Lightweight Title (1st defense by Pedraza)
- The Ring Magazine World Lightweight Title
- Promoter: Bob Arum (Top Rank)
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Top Rank Boxing on ESPN (Main Event)
- Attendance: 5,312.
- Pedraza was knocked down twice in the 11th.
- Official Scorecards.
- ESPN's unofficial scorers Andre Ward and Stephen A. Smith had Lomachenko winning 116-111 and 117-110. 
- According to Compubox, Lomachenko landed 240 of 738 punches (32.5 percent), and Pedraza connected on 111 of 931 (11.9 percent). 
- "It was my dream to unify titles. It was my next goal. I can now focus on my next chapter. I didn't have a problem. I'm healthy, 100 percent. He did a very good job, and I respect Pedraza and his team. Maybe next year, we can make a fight with Mikey Garcia," Vasiliy Lomachenko said.
- "I am happy with my performance. I went 12 rounds with the best fighter in the world. I knew what we were going up against. I thought it was a close fight until the knockdowns. At the end of the day, I am proud of what I did," Jose Pedraza said.
- "I thought Lomachenko was very, very good. He's coming off a layoff and the injury, but his father told me after the fight that the shoulder was terrific. It took him time to get into gear. He's human. I think he'll be even better next time. I said before the fight, I thought Pedraza, with his style, would give Loma some trouble. Pedraza fought a very intelligent fight and showed courage and smarts, and I just really enjoyed the fight. I told Pedraza and his father after the fight that even though he didn't win, he didn't harm himself and that there were other big fights out there for him. Maybe Pedraza against Teofimo Lopez [the top prospect who won on the undercard by first-round knockout]. It would sell the Madison Square Garden out," Top Rank chairman Bob Arum said.