Oleksandr Usyk vs. Tony Bellew
(Redirected from Fight:2279518)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Oleksandr Usyk 198 lbs beat Tony Bellew 199 lbs by TKO at 2:00 in round 8 of 12
- Date: 2018-11-10
- Location: Manchester Arena, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Terry O'Connor
- Judge: Alejandro Lopez Cid 65-68
- Judge: Steve Gray 66-67
- Judge: Yury Koptsev 67-67
- Promoters: Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Sport), Alexander Krassyuk (K2 Promotions)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: Sky Box Office, Inter, DAZN (Main Event)
- WBO World cruiserweight title (6th defence by Usyk)
- WBC World cruiserweight title (2nd defence by Usyk)
- WBA Super World cruiserweight title (1st defence by Usyk)
- IBF World cruiserweight title (1st defence by Usyk)
- The Ring Magazine World cruiserweight title (1st defence by Usyk)
- Official Scorecards.
- According to Compubox, Usyk landed 112 of 424 punches (26,4 percent), and Bellew connected on 61 of 268 (22,8 percent). 
- "I was trying to control myself in the first rounds, to control my boxing rather than just fighting. I had the most difficult year in my life, now I want to relax and spend time with my family and after that I will think about the future. We need to put goals in front of us and move towards them," Oleksandr Usyk said.
- "I tried to go for it because I thought I was behind. He's a brilliant fighter, he's hard to pin down. I fought the very, very best, and he's just better than me. Usyk is pound-for-pound material, the best I've ever fought. Anyone who fights him is in trouble. That's definitely the end [of my career]," Tony Bellew said.
- "With [Matchroom Sport promoter] Eddie Hearn we can do great things in boxing. Usyk definitely needs to fight Anthony Joshua," said Alexander Krassyuk, of K2 Promotions, which co-promotes Usyk with Matchroom Sport.