Muhammad Ali vs. George Logan
(Redirected from Fight:22872)
Muhammad Ali 196 lbs beat George Logan 205 lbs by TKO at 1:34 in round 4 of 10
- Date: 1962-04-23
- Location: Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Lee Grossman
- Clay was a 4 to 1 favorite.
- Clay was ranked tenth by Ring Magazine.
- Clay was guaranteed $7,500 and Logan $4,000.
- The fight was shown on closed circuit TV in 19 cities.
- There was an estimated crowd of 7,500 and the gate receipts were approximately $57,000.
- The card was promoted by United World Enterprises, for which Joe Louis was matchmaker.
- Clay predicted a fourth-round knockout.
- Clay easily battered Logan but was unable to put him down. Referee Lee Grossman halted the bout in the fourth round as Logan's corner tossed in a towel.