Muhammad Ali vs. Mac Foster
(Redirected from Fight:22890)
Muhammad Ali 226 lbs beat Mac Foster 212 lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Date: 1972-04-01
- Location: Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan
- Judge: Takeo Ugo 75-67
- Judge: Hiroyuki Tezaki 74-66
- Referee: JE Crowder 73-65
- This was the first fight ever held in Asia between two top-ten ranked heavyweights.
- Ali was ranked #1 and Foster was ranked #9.
- The fight drew a crowd of 15,000.
- Ali predicted he would knock out Foster in five rounds and entered the ring holding the ring card for round five.
- There were no knockdowns in the fight.