Muhammad Ali vs. Ken Norton (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:22896)
Muhammad Ali 212 lbs beat Ken Norton 205 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 1973-09-10
- Location: Forum, Inglewood, California, USA
- Judge: John Thomas 6-5
- Judge: George Latka 5-6
- Referee: Dick Young 7-5
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 6-5 Norton
- Unofficial UPI scorecard: 9-2 Ali
- Unofficial LB Independent scorecard: 8-4 Ali
- Unofficial Pasadena Star-News scorecards (2 reporters covering the fight): 7-5 Norton and 7-5 Ali
- Unofficial ringside poll of sportswriters: 8 scored it for Ali, 6 scored it for Norton, and 1 scored it even
- NABF Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Norton)
- See Also:
Muhammad Ali vs. Ken Norton (1st meeting)
Muhammad Ali vs. Ken Norton (3rd meeting)
- Ali was a 12 to 5 favorite.
- Norton was the #1 ranked contender and Ali was ranked #2.
- Ali was guaranteed $275,000 against 35% of all income from the fight, which was shown on closed circuit TV to 255 locations in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain. Norton was guaranteed $200,000 against 30%.
- The gate was $548,400 with a paid attendance of 12,100.
- "Ken Norton is a best man I have ever fought." - Muhammad Ali after the fight
- "Ken the conqueror" By Jim Murray, Los Angeles Times, August 7, 1973 
- "Ken Norton in Best Shape Ever for Ali" By Jack Stevenson, AP, September 5, 1973 
- "Norton: You've Got To Be Boss In Ring" By Ken Norton, AP, Sept. 6, 1973 
- "Grim Ali predicts knockout victory" UPI, September 6, 1973 
- "Norton Best Foe" AP, September 11, 1973 
Ali vs. Norton I
| NABF Heavyweight Title Fight
Ali vs. Frazier II