Jump to navigation Jump to search
Leo Santa Cruz 125 lbs beat Rafael Rivera 125 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2019-02-16
- Location: Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Judge: Lou Moret 119-109
- Judge: Max DeLuca 119-109
- Judge: Zachary Young 119-109
- Referee: Thomas Taylor
- WBA Super World Featherweight Title (3rd defense of Santa Cruz)
- Rivera, who was already in the gym training for a March 2019 bout, was a late replacement for injured Miguel Flores.
- The champion, Santa Cruz, was warned for throwing low blows in the sixth round by referee Thomas Taylor.
- Santa Cruz had fought 136 championship rounds in 15 world title fights going into this bout, more rounds than Rivera had as a professional.
- CompuBox Statistics, punches thrown & landed: Santa Cruz 334 of 1273 26%, Rivera 151 of 865 19%. Over 2100 punches thrown combined.
- Santa Cruz averaged 35 punches per minute,and threw 1273 punches overall, his second most ever n a world title bout.
- Both combatants entered the ring and exited in top condition. Clean bout, with no holding in any of the 12 rounds, a title gem rarity.
- Combined record of the underrated Rivera's three highest quality opponents when he lost to them was an incredible 78-1-1.