Jump to navigation Jump to search
Maxim Dadashev 139 lbs lost to Subriel Matias 140 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 11 of 12
- Date: 2019-07-19
- Location: MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill, Maryland, USA
- Referee: Kenny Chevalier
- Judge: John Gradowski
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale
- Judge: Ron McNair
Super Lightweight Eliminator Bout #2 IBF Ratings Position
- World champion Buddy McGirt stopped the bout in the corner before the twelfth and final round.
- Dadashev objected to McGirt about the stoppage, and subsequently took ill and collapsed after exiting the ring on his own power.
- Dadashev, hospitalized in critical condition, underwent emergency brain surgery to reduce swelling, and was placed into a medically induced coma (in a situation similar to Adonis Stevenson after his bout with Oleksandr Gvozdyk), ending his career.
- Dadashev died of his injuries on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at the age of 28.