Bernard Hopkins vs. Robert Allen (1st meeting)
Bernard Hopkins 159 lbs fought without result Robert Allen 160 lbs by NC at 2:57 in round 4 of 12
- Date: 1998-08-28
- Location: Las Vegas Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Glen Hamada 30-27
- Judge: Mike Glienna 28-29
- Judge: Bill Graham 29-28
- International Boxing Federation Middleweight Title (Hopkins' 8th defense)
- Time: 2:57
- Weights: Hopkins 159 lbs, Allen 160 lbs
- Fight ruled a NC after Hopkins was injured when accidentally pushed out of the ring by referee Lane, who was trying to break up one of the many clinches.
- Robert Allen was ranked #1 IBF Middleweight contender.
- Hopkins earned $560,000 according to the percentage champion's receive following a purse bid.
Hopkins vs. Brown
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. Allen II