Virgil Hill vs. Jean Marc Mormeck (1st meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:256728)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jean Marc Mormeck 185 lbs beat Virgil Hill 190 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
- Date: 2002-02-23
- Location: Palais des Sports, Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, France
- Referee: Stanley Christodoulou
- World Boxing Association Cruiserweight Title (Hill defending)
- Hill failed to answer the bell for the 9th round.
- On July 17th, 2002, France's Council to Prevent and Fight Doping announced that Hill tested positive for two banned substances in his post-fight drug test. According the the announcement, the tests revealed traces of a banned diuretic and a drug used to treat inflammation. Hill did not appear at the hearing or contest the results and was subsequently banned for two years from fighting in France.