George Foreman vs. Ron Lyle
(Redirected from Fight:271)Jump to navigation Jump to search
George Foreman 226 lbs beat Ron Lyle 220 lbs by KO at 2:28 in round 5 of 12
- Date: 1976-01-24
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Charley Roth
- Judge: Lou Tabat 17-18
- Judge: Bill Kipp 17-18
- Judge: John Mangriciana 18-18
- The NABF title had been vacated by Ken Norton.
- Foreman was a 5 to 1 favorite.
- Foreman got $250,000 and Lyle made $140,000.
- Foreman was rocked by an overhand right in the 1st round.
- Lyle was hurt in the 2nd round, which was only two minutes long.
- Lyle knocked Foreman down early in the 4th round. Foreman got up and dropped Lyle, who came back and floored Foreman again at the end of the round.
- After being hurt early in the 5th round, Foreman backed Lyle into a corner and put him down for the count with a barrage of punches.
- Named The Ring Fight of the Year for 1976.
- The 4th round was named the 6th most exciting round in boxing history by The Ring in 2001.
Norton vs. Quarry
| NABF Heavyweight Title Fight
Foreman vs. Frazier II