Carlos Manuel Baldomir vs. Joshua Clottey
(Redirected from Fight:31867)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Carlos Manuel Baldomir 146 lbs beat Joshua Clottey 145 lbs by DQ at 2:30 in round 11 of 12
- Date: 1999-11-29
- Location: Wembley Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
- Referee: Franco Ciminale
- Judge: Jose Juan Guerra 93-95
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 92-96
- Judge: Walter Schall 93-95
- WBC International Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Baldomir)
- IBC Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- IBC title had been stripped from Frank Olsen.
- Clottey controlled the fight with his harder, accurate punching as Baldomir came inside. Baldomir was able to back up Clottey when he let his hands go, but wasn't able to do it on a consistent basis.
- In round 10, Clottey lost a point after coming inside with his head, cutting Baldomir over the left eye. Clottey would lose another point that round for a similar infraction.
- In round 11, Clottey was deducted another point for leading with his head. Another clash of heads later in the round lead to the disqualification.
Olsen vs. Murphy
| IBC Welterweight Title Fight
Damgaard vs. Holiday