Donald Curry vs. Rene Jacquot
(Redirected from Fight:3223)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Donald Curry 154 lbs lost to Rene Jacquot 153 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 1989-02-11
- Location: Palais des Sports, Grenoble, Isère, France
- Judge: Sid Nathan 113-117
- Judge: Jesus Torres 116-118
- Judge: Justo Vasquez Marcos 115-117
- Referee: Jean Deswert
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (1st defense by Curry)
- There was a crowd of 6,000.
- Jacquot became the first Frenchman in 30 years to win a world boxing championship.
- Curry built an early lead, but Jacquot took over in the second half of the fight as Curry tired.
- The fight was named The Ring Upset of the Year for 1989.