Bernard Hopkins vs. Antwun Echols (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:41907)
Bernard Hopkins 159 lbs beat Antwun Echols 160 lbs by TKO at 1:42 in round 10 of 12
- Date: 2000-12-01
- Location: Venetian Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Judge: Robert Byrd 89-78
- Judge: Bill Graham 89-78
- Judge: Dave Moretti 89-78
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- IBF World Middleweight Title (12th defense by Hopkins)
- Promoter: Art Pelullo (Banner Promotions)
- Ring Announcer: Mark Beiro
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- Echols was ranked #1 IBF Middleweight contender.
- Echols deducted two points in the 6th for bodyslamming Hopkins to the canvas, dislocating his shoulder.
- Hopkins chooses to fight on rather than win by disqualification.
- Echols was knocked down once in the 7th.
- Hopkins deducted a point in the 8th for holding behind the head.
- Hopkins stopped Echols with a flurry of punches that had him staggering when referee Tony Weeks decided the challenger could take no more.
- After 9 rounds, HBO's unofficial judge Harold Lederman's scorecard had Hopkins up 88-79. 
- According to Compubox, Hopkins landed 231 of 539 punches (43 percent), and Echols connected on 124 of 469 (26 percent). 
Hopkins vs. Vanderpool
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. Holmes