Michael Carbajal vs. Humberto Gonzalez (1st meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:6993)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Michael Carbajal 107 lbs beat Humberto Gonzalez 108 lbs by KO at 2:59 in round 7 of 12
- Date: 1993-03-13
- Location: Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: John Stewart 54-58
- Judge: Jerry Roth 54-58
- Judge: Omar Mintun 54-58
- World Boxing Council Light Flyweight Title (Gonzalez defending)
- International Boxing Federation Light Flyweight Title (Carbajal defending)
- Time: 2:59
- Weights: Carbajal 107 lbs, Gonzalez 107.5 lbs
- Carbajal down in round 2 from a straight left. Carbajal also down in early in round 5 from a flurry of Gonzalez punches .
- Gonzalez cut over left eye in round 3.
- With one second remaining in the 7th round and trailing on all scorecards, Carbajal knocks Gonzalez out with a left hook to the chin.
- Gonzalez staggered by a hard right hand along the ropes late in round 7. Moments later, a left hook puts him down and out for the full count.
- Fight was named Ring Magazine Fight of the Year.
- Fight was the first Light Flyweight fight in history to head a Pay Per View card.