Luis Santana vs. Terry Norris (3rd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:9781)
Terry Norris 152 lbs beat Luis Santana 154 lbs by TKO at 2:09 in round 2 of 12
- Date: 1995-08-19
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Judge: Kurt Stroer 10-9
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Carol Castellano 10-9
- Judge: Horacio Castilla 10-9
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Santana)
- This was the third consecutive fight between Norris and Santana. Norris was disqualified in the first fight for a rabbit punch, and he was disqualified in the second fight for hitting after the bell.
- Norris dominated the first round and had Santana in a lot of trouble at the end of the stanza.
- Santana was knocked down three times in the second round.
- This was the first fight on the Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley card. Promoter Don King gave Norris vs. Santana III to ABC as an infomercial for the $50 Tyson pay-per-view card that night. Fans were allowed in free, then the MGM Grand Arena was cleared for customers who payed between $200 to $1,5000 to watch Tyson.