(Redirected from Human:9387)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Name: Juergen Blin
Hometown: Hamburg, Germany
Birthplace: Fehmarn, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Pro Boxer: Record
European Heavyweight champion Jurgen Blin, Who Fought Muhammad Ali in December 1971
- Blin fought between 1964 and 1973, with a record of 30-12-6 with 8 knockouts.
- Former European Heavyweight Champion Jurgen Blin is best known for his 1971 bout with Muhammad Ali, who dropped him and stopped him in the seventh round. Blin gave a very good accounting of himself that night. Most of Blin's professional bouts were in Germany, with many ten round decision wins. Blin was a fine technical fighter. He won the European Heavyweight title from Jose Urtain in 1972. After losing his European title to Joe Bugner later that year, Blin won a comeback bout, and thenBlin's career ended when Ron Lyle knocked him out in the second round of a December 1973 bout in Denver, Colorado.
- Muhammad Aliv ersus Jurgen Blin, December 26, 1971 heavyweight bout on YouTube []
- Boxkampf German documentary on the Ali-Blin bout including training footage, and interviews with Blin today []
- Jurgen Blin wins European Heavyweight title from Jose Urtain in 1972 on YouTube entire bout []
- Still resides in Hamburg, where he owned and operated the Jurgen Blin Beer and Snack Bar in Hamburg, Germany, for 33 years on the elevated train platformin town. The bar closed in February 2012.[] Blin is interviewed in his snack bar in the German documentary.
- By today's standards, Blin, like the late Rocky Marciano, would be considered a cruiserweight, not a heavyweight. Blin's ring weight went from 185 to 198 in all but one of his 54 professional bouts.