Lucas Matthysse vs. John Molina Jr.
(Redirected from Fight:1876194)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lucas Martin Matthysse 140 lbs beat John Molina Jr 139 lbs by KO at 0:22 in round 11 of 12
- Date: 2014-04-26
- Location: StubHub Center, Carson, California, USA
- Referee: Pat Russell
- Judge: Raul Caiz Sr 95-91
- Judge: Max DeLuca 94-92
- Judge: Chris Tellez 97-90
- Matthysse $200,000 U.S.
- Molina $200,000 U.S.
- This fight was named The Ring Magazine’s Fight of the Year for 2014.
- Ex-WBC World Light Welterweight champion Matthysse wins WBC Continental Americas 140 lb. title, remains in world title contention.
- Molina went down in the eighth after a one-two to the jaw and in the tenth due to a flurry of punches by Matthysse.
- Matthysse was knocked down in the second from a right to the temple and again in the fifth via a right to the back of the head.