World Heavyweight Championship Records and Statistics
(Redirected from World Heavyweight Title Records and Statistics)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Listing of records and statistics of world title in the Heavyweight division under the Marquess of Queensberry Rules. The maximum weight for this division is unlimited (200+ lbs, 90.9+ kg, 14 stone 4 lbs+).
- Note 1: Only the highest-regarded championship belt of a major organization is included
- Note 2: WBO Heavyweight Title bouts before August 1997 are not included. In The Boxing Register: International Boxing Hall of Fame Official Record Book, professional boxing record of Ricardo Lopez indicates his opponent Alex Sanchez as WBO "World Champion" on August 23, 1997, meanwhile Michael Carbajal's opponent Josue Camacho (fought on July 15, 1994) didn't receive the same recognition, thus suggesting that WBO title hadn't been viewed by IBHOF as a major title prior to (at least) August 1997, when Herbie Hide (won the title on June 28, 1997) was WBO heavyweight champion.
- World Heavyweight Championship Records and Statistics – Before 1921
- World Heavyweight Championship Records and Statistics – Era Of National Sanctioning Bodies (1921–1949)
- World Heavyweight Championship Records and Statistics – Era Of International Expansion (1949–present)