Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Tony Duran
(Redirected from Fight:11648)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Floyd Mayweather Jr 129 lbs beat Tony Duran 133 lbs by TKO at 1:12 in round 1 of 6
- Date: 1997-05-09
- Location: Orleans Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Toby Gibson
- Aired On: ESPN
- Duran started his career 9-0, but he was 0-9-1 in his previous ten fights.
- In his previous fight, Duran lost an eight-round unanimous decision to Jeff Mayweather, Floyd's uncle.
- Mayweather landed a nice left hook to the body that stung Duran 52 seconds into the fight. He followed up with a combination to the body and Duran went back against the ropes. Mayweather moved in and caught Duran flush on the jaw with a lead right, sending him down flat on his back. He quickly made it to all fours and got to his feet at the count of six. However, Duran was unsteady on his legs and the referee waved an end to the bout.
- Lasting only one minute and twelve seconds, this was the quickest victory of Mayweather's professional career.
- This was Mayweather's fourth and final first-round knockout.