Manuel Charr vs. Taras Bidenko
Mahmoud Charr 246 lbs beat Taras Bidenko 215 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2012-03-30
- Location: Maritim Hotel, Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Massimo Barrovecchio
- Judge: Juergen Langos 116-111
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 116-111
- Judge: Ventsislav Nikolov 116-111
- This was Charr's first fight promoted by his own Diamond Boy Promotion, created after splitting from the Universum.
The fight started cautiously - Charr was behind a thick block while Bidenko moved a lot on his feet, trying to crack Charr's defense. Charr usually exploded at the end of a round but his sweeping strikes didn't have much success. The last third of the fight was more dynamic and exciting as fighters were trading blows. Bidenko was deducted a point because his mouth guard fell out 4 times during the fight. Overall Bidenko looked more active and landed a lot more shots, but judges considered Charr's rare hits more significant and awarded the victory to Manuel: all three judges scored the bout 116-111. With this win, Manuel became the WBC International Silver champion. In a post-fight interview, Manuel Charr claimed to have injured his elbow in the fourth round.