Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe (1st meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:1685514)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scott Quigg 122 lbs drew with Rendall Munroe 121 lbs by TD at 0:43 in round 3 of 12
- Date: 2012-06-16
- Location: Velodrome, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Howard Foster
- Judge: Terry O'Connor 19-19
- Judge: Dave Parris 19-20
- Judge: John Coyle 19-20
Scott Quigg versus Rendall Munroe Interim WBA Super Bamtamiweght World Title Bout
- Both fighters started well. Munroe landed body shots and uppercuts in round one, while Quigg landed solid straight punches in round two.
- Accidental clash of heads in round thee causes a nasty gash along the length of Munroe's right eyebrow requiring nine stitches, forcing a halt to the action
- Bout immediately declared a technical draw at 0:43 of the third as Munroe is unable to continue after the accidental clash of heads.
- Bout was to determine the next challenger for WBA full champion Guillermo Rigondeaux in Fall 2012.
- The bad eye cut damage made an immediate Quigg-Munroe rematch to determine Rigondeaux's next opponent unlikely.
- Written Account of Fight: Quigg versus Munroe Ends in Technical Draw []