Vernon Forrest vs. Ricardo Mayorga (1st meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:503538)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vernon Forrest 147 lbs lost to Ricardo Mayorga 146 lbs by TKO at 2:06 in round 3 of 12
- Date: 2003-01-25
- Location: Pechanga Resort & Casino, Temecula, California, USA
- Referee: Marty Denkin
- Judge: John Keane
- Judge: Jon Schorle
- Judge: Raul Caiz Sr
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (2nd defending of Forrest)
- World Boxing Association Welterweight Title (2nd defending of Mayorga)
- Forrest was knocked down in rounds 1 and 3.
- A right cross dropped Forrest in the third round. When he got back up his feet, still dazed, Referee Denkin stopped the bout to protect him from further punishment.
- Mayorga won The Ring Magazine Welterweight Championship of the World.