John David Jackson
(Redirected from Human:8322)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Name: John David Jackson
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA
Birthplace: Denver, Colorado, USA
Pro Boxer: Record
Amateur Boxer: Record
Trainer: George Benton, Emanuel Steward, Dwight Triplett
- Trained by Joe Clough at the Tacoma Boys Club in Tacoma, Washington.
- Light middleweight quarter-finalist at the 1981 National Golden Gloves Tournament.
- Light middleweight finalist at the 1981 National AAU Tournament.
- Had an amateur record of 206-9.
- Stopped Lupe Aquino in seven rounds to win the inaugural WBO junior middleweight title on December 8, 1988.
- Successfully defended the WBO junior middleweight title six times before relinquishing it to campaign as a middleweight.
- Defeated Reggie Johnson by a twelve-round unanimous decision to win the WBA middleweight title on October 1, 1993.
- Stripped of the WBA middleweight title in May 1994 for participating in a non-title bout without the permission of the WBA.
- Stopped in nine rounds by Jorge Fernando Castro on December 10, 1994, in an attempt to regain the WBA middleweight title. The bout was named Fight of the Year by The Ring Magazine.
- Challenged Bernard Hopkins for the IBF middleweight title on April 19, 1997, and was stopped in seven roounds.
- Became a trainer after retiring as a boxer in 1999. Boxers Jackson has worked with many boxers, including:
- Randall Bailey
- Nate Campbell
- Dyah Davis
- Allan Green (starting with his bout against Anthony Bonsante in July 2006)
- Joe Greene
- Bernard Hopkins (for his bout against Antonio Tarver in June 2006)
- Bryant Jennings
- Sergey Kovalev (Ending in 2017)
- Jameel McCline
- Shane Mosley (starting with his second bout against Ronald (Winky) Wright in November 2004 and ending after his first bout against Fernando Vargas in February 2006)
- Marcus Upshaw
- Charles Whittaker
- Ali Izmailov
| WBO Light Middleweight Champion
1988 Dec 8 – 1993 Oct 30
| WBA Middleweight Champion
1993 Oct 1 – 1994 May
Jorge Fernando Castro