Name: Matthew Macklin
Alias: 'Mack The Knife'
Hometown: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Birthplace: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Pro Boxer: Record
Amateur Boxer: Record
- Trainers: Joe Gallagher (2009), Freddie Roach (2010), James (Buddy) McGirt (2012-2013), Jamie Moore (2013-2016)
- Promoter: Eddie Hearn (2014-2016)
- Manager: Brian Peters
- 2000 Istvan Dobo Junior Tournament Gold medalist in Eger, Hungary (71kg):
- Defeated Dusan Konc (Slovakia) 7:5 (final)
- 2000 Italia Junior Silver medalist in Cagliari, Italy (71kg):
- 2000 AIBA World Junior Championships participant in Budapest, Hungary (67kg):
- 2001 English ABA National Championships Gold medalist in Barnsley (67kg):
- Defeated Justin Turley 17:5 (final)
Regional & Minor Titles
- BUI Ireland National middleweight title
- BBBoC British middleweight title
- EBU European middleweight title x2
- WBC International super welterweight title
- IBF Inter-Continental middleweight title
- 2-3-0 (1 KO’s) against former or current world champions.
- Macklin and his brother, Seamus, who is also a boxer, spent much of his youth in his grandparents' native County Tipperary (his mother was born in Birmingham UK) and it was there that he learned to play Ireland's national sport, hurling. Macklin became a talented hurling player in his own right and represented County Tipperary, a leading team in Irish hurling, at all age levels up to Under 21 inter-county level. Macklin is still a close friend of leading hurler Eoin Kelly. To compound the hurling connection, Macklin's father came from Four Roads, one of the few areas in Co. Roscommon, where hurling is the no. 1 sport, and he often cites this as a major influence on his interest in the game.
- In September 2006, Macklin was involved in a barnstormer when he was defeated in a fight of the year contender bout against Manchester's Jamie Moore for the British Light Middleweight Title which took place at the George Carnell Leisure Centre, Davyhulme, Manchester, England.
- Founder of management company MTK Global.