Search found 7 matches
- 29 Mar 2013, 14:14
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: Calvin Moody
- Replies: 0
- Views: 121
Calvin Moody
Calvin Moody "boasts" 12 losses by disqualification amongst his 62 losses. At one point he had 4 DQs in a row! (It makes you wonder why promoters would bring him back.) Anyway, does anyone know the reason for some of these DQs? I wonder if he was an inveterate nut-puncher or unremitting cl...
- 05 May 2009, 12:13
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: DOES LUCIA RIJKER BELONG IN THE HALL OF FAME?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 468
Re: DOES LUCIA RIJKER BELONG IN THE HALL OF FAME?
Interesting question, oldwarrior! I disagree with those who think that women's boxing sucks, that women shouldn't fight, etc. I enjoy watching a competitive women's bout; okay, so it's not usually world-class action, maybe, but I can still enjoy it just the way I would a prelim 4-rounder featuring a...
- 18 Apr 2009, 14:40
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: James Toney vs Marvin Hagler at Middleweight
- Replies: 49
- Views: 2179
Re: James Toney vs Marvin Hagler at Middleweight
Gotta go along with the Hagler bandwagon here. Toney just wouldn't be busy enough, and even with his great defense he'd eat some of Hagler's leather. Hagler wins the battle of wills and therefore the fight by lopsided decision.
- 12 Apr 2009, 12:01
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: Who Did You Think Was a Sure Fire Bet To Be Champ?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 820
Re: Who Did You Think Was a Sure Fire Bet To Be Champ?
oops. I meant Engels Pedroza.
- 12 Apr 2009, 11:59
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: Who Did You Think Was a Sure Fire Bet To Be Champ?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 820
Re: Who Did You Think Was a Sure Fire Bet To Be Champ?
Ayone remember Eusebio Pedroza? I thought for sure at one point he would clean up for a long time. But no...
- 20 Mar 2009, 01:09
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: Doug DeWitt
- Replies: 9
- Views: 585
Re: Doug DeWitt
I saw DeWitt's KO loss to Quinones on TV, and it was devastating. Quinones was nothing too special, either. I think it was maybe that fight that (should have) told us that DeWitt, however entertaining, wasn't top-class.
- 16 Mar 2009, 13:52
- Forum: Boxing History
- Topic: Roy Jones Jr vs Michael Moorer at light heavyweight
- Replies: 6
- Views: 946
Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Michael Moorer at light heavyweight
People forget how very good Moorer was at light-heavy. He was reasonably quick, too. I think he'd catch Jones eventually, and one punch would do the trick.