Search found 6 matches

by kmanno
03 Jun 2019, 07:12
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Boxing Historians
Replies: 40
Views: 2995

Re: Boxing Historians

Morning, Many of us fans are Historians to one degree or another I suppose. I have several books on Boxing, and an almost encyclopedic knowledge of certain fighters, and certain eras so I don't know what it takes to be a Boxing historian, but I don't see any reason why I couldn't hold my own in a co...
by kmanno
03 Jun 2019, 07:04
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Boxing Historians
Replies: 40
Views: 2995

Re: Boxing Historians

Miles, I commend you on your work...a large task to compile such records. The digital age has given us a great opportunity to enter our research and records in a format that can be saved for future generations...but I would agree there is still a lot out there in somebody's notebook that needs to be...
by kmanno
01 Jun 2019, 20:19
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Boxing Historians
Replies: 40
Views: 2995

Boxing Historians

Evening All, I'm not a boxing historian by trade...rather a historian in the academic world teaching World History. I've been a fan of boxing since the mid-1960's and have certainly experienced eras come and go...perhaps by sheer age I'm somewhat of an amateur historian of the sport. With Bert Sugar...
by kmanno
01 Jun 2019, 17:54
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: INTERVIEW WITH ROCKY MARCIANO.
Replies: 1
Views: 215

Re: INTERVIEW WITH ROCKY MARCIANO.

Class act! I met the Rock when I was a youngster in Ft. Lauderdale...he had a house in Wilton Manors.
KM
by kmanno
01 Jun 2019, 17:43
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: The boxing bookshelf
Replies: 29
Views: 7475

The boxing bookshelf

Add this one to your bookshelves...just came out...
KM

Image
by kmanno
01 Jun 2019, 17:13
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Historic Gyms
Replies: 1
Views: 234

Historic Gyms-Frazier

Same sadness might be applied to Joe Frazier's gym in Philly...wish it could have continued on after his death to offer the community a boxing option...but that's not the case...
KM