VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
BRIAN ROSE is heading towards a showdown with Prizefighter winner Prince Arron.
Rose, 25, hopes to delight his hometown fans at Blackpool Tower on Saturday night (6th March) when he challenges French star Bertrand Aloa for the vacant International Masters light-middleweight crown.
Promoter Steve Wood hopes that the Central Area title holder could meet his occasional sparring partner Arron in a British title eliminator later this year.
Wood said: “It is a match that would make a lot of sense for both boxers and would be a genuine 50-50 fight.
“Brian is unbeaten and Arron is in top form as he showed at Prizefighter last week, but we cannot over look this weekend’s challenge.”
Rose (14-0-1) added: “It was difficult to work Arron out when we first sparred because he is 6ft 4in, but by the end it had gone well.”
Rose’s clash against Aloa had been due to take place last weekend but was pushed back seven days at late notice because of a problem with medicals.
Manchester based Wood said: “I would like to apologise to everybody because the mix up was my fault and left it too late to get the medicals to the relevant authorities.
“I’m sure disappointed fans will get proper entertainment this weekend though and enjoy a top class night of boxing.
The tear up the Tower will be Rose’s first fight since his tragic tenth round stoppage of Jason Rushton in October.
Rushton needed brain surgery after the contests and although he is on the mend, the injury left Rose distraught and he is dedicating the Aloa (15-6) fight to his former rival.
Also on the bill are several if VIP boxing’s top prospects including Kieran Farrell, Chris O’Brien and Chris Johnson.
Tickets are still available from boxers on the bill www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.vipbe.co.uk
Rose, 25, hopes to delight his hometown fans at Blackpool Tower on Saturday night (6th March) when he challenges French star Bertrand Aloa for the vacant International Masters light-middleweight crown.
Promoter Steve Wood hopes that the Central Area title holder could meet his occasional sparring partner Arron in a British title eliminator later this year.
Wood said: “It is a match that would make a lot of sense for both boxers and would be a genuine 50-50 fight.
“Brian is unbeaten and Arron is in top form as he showed at Prizefighter last week, but we cannot over look this weekend’s challenge.”
Rose (14-0-1) added: “It was difficult to work Arron out when we first sparred because he is 6ft 4in, but by the end it had gone well.”
Rose’s clash against Aloa had been due to take place last weekend but was pushed back seven days at late notice because of a problem with medicals.
Manchester based Wood said: “I would like to apologise to everybody because the mix up was my fault and left it too late to get the medicals to the relevant authorities.
“I’m sure disappointed fans will get proper entertainment this weekend though and enjoy a top class night of boxing.
The tear up the Tower will be Rose’s first fight since his tragic tenth round stoppage of Jason Rushton in October.
Rushton needed brain surgery after the contests and although he is on the mend, the injury left Rose distraught and he is dedicating the Aloa (15-6) fight to his former rival.
Also on the bill are several if VIP boxing’s top prospects including Kieran Farrell, Chris O’Brien and Chris Johnson.
Tickets are still available from boxers on the bill www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.vipbe.co.uk
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
IMO Prince Arron beats Rose easy, he just is not strong enough for Arron.
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
I think Rose is a better fighter than Flournoy to be honest, although Ive seen Rose on his off days where he's struggled just to get going out of first gear. If he let Aaron get the jab going like he did against Pryce I fear he'd struggle to get Aaron out of that rhythm. Rose must know something from the sparring sessions though.
how far does everyone think Aaron can go? We forget he really is quite experienced for a 22 year old who has had very little boxing experience.... ! Does that make sense.
how far does everyone think Aaron can go? We forget he really is quite experienced for a 22 year old who has had very little boxing experience.... ! Does that make sense.
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
I personally don't think Arron will do much more. I think he could mix it at British level, but think he'll get flattened when he faces someone who can get under his jab (like Flournoy, but someone actually a LMW).
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
Even considering his age and inexperience? 22 years old with only 9 amateur fights... ?
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
He's got time to learn i guess.
I just weren't completely sold on him, the prizefighter format was made for him because he was allowed to use his height and reach advantage as his opponents rushed in.
In a longer fight, i feel a better fighter could give him all sorts of trouble by fighting smartly, and not pushing forward into the giant's jab.
He was also stiffened a couple of times against Flournoy (a midget in comparison, but just technically sound) so a harder hitter may give him big problems.
I just weren't completely sold on him, the prizefighter format was made for him because he was allowed to use his height and reach advantage as his opponents rushed in.
In a longer fight, i feel a better fighter could give him all sorts of trouble by fighting smartly, and not pushing forward into the giant's jab.
He was also stiffened a couple of times against Flournoy (a midget in comparison, but just technically sound) so a harder hitter may give him big problems.
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
I dont remember the fight 100%, but didnt taz jones give him some problems before Aaron took controll and gave the welshman a bit of a beating?
Think I was drunk for that fight cos I really dont recall what happened too well... do seem to remember taz getting beat up towards the end.
Think I was drunk for that fight cos I really dont recall what happened too well... do seem to remember taz getting beat up towards the end.
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
My m8 trains in the same gym as rose n seen all the spars he said the spars were quality 2 watch but rose dealt wiv arron wiv ease could b different in a fight thou looks a good fight 1 id luv 2 see
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
So was Aaron trained by Bobby Rimmer before Bob Shannon, or was he just taken there to spar?
-
Chris W 1982
- Heavyweight

- Posts: 1139
- Joined: 13 Dec 2004, 12:32
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
Rose beats Arron for me, I also reckon Flournoy would win with ease over a longer stretch.
-
BellatorGero
- Heavyweight

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 07:50
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
The quiet man 2004 wrote:Rose beats Arron for me, I also reckon Flournoy would win with ease over a longer stretch.
Flournoy was starting to get found out by Arron by the 3rd round of Prizefighter, I think as it went on the gulf would have widened.
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
You could make a big argument that without the bundled knockdown, Flournoy would have won the third.BellatorGero wrote:The quiet man 2004 wrote:Rose beats Arron for me, I also reckon Flournoy would win with ease over a longer stretch.
Flournoy was starting to get found out by Arron by the 3rd round of Prizefighter, I think as it went on the gulf would have widened.
-
BellatorGero
- Heavyweight

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 07:50
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
Though he may have needed it a knockdown is a knockdown and over six or eight I think he would have gone on to dominate. I honestly think he had figured out flournoy.
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
teddy007 wrote:IMO Prince Arron beats Rose easy, he just is not strong enough for Arron.
Brian Rose Would Box Prince Arrons Ears Off Fact..
-
Manchester Massive
- Heavyweight

- Posts: 371
- Joined: 29 May 2008, 18:34
Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
Pretty sure he was trained by Wayne Barker for his fights up to and incuding John DuddyWales wrote:So was Aaron trained by Bobby Rimmer before Bob Shannon, or was he just taken there to spar?
-
slapbangwhallop
- Heavyweight

Re: VIP Press Release - ROSE WANTS HIS PRINCE
Great news - O'Brien and Farrell are two of my favourite boxers in the North West.