Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Matt the Master wrote:Rufus if your about then inbox me about some very serious allegations made about you by one 'Robert Logan Williamson' you know who I mean. By the way I don't believe them, and thought it best to keep out of the "public eye" so to speak !
Inbox me when you see this, and I will send you the whole text, quoted verbatim word for word.
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Matt the Master wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:Rufus if your about then inbox me about some very serious allegations made about you by one 'Robert Logan Williamson' you know who I mean. By the way I don't believe them, and thought it best to keep out of the "public eye" so to speak !
Inbox me when you see this, and I will send you the whole text, quoted verbatim word for word.

I see you are yet to respond, but seriously I would want to know if someone had said the things a 'Mr Provenzanno' said on 'His' behalf ! Who knows, if you respond quick you may still be able to get screen shots, as I just checked and it is still there.
Tomasino
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 7876
Joined: 24 Apr 2010, 16:39

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Tomasino »

Matt the Master wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:Rufus if your about then inbox me about some very serious allegations made about you by one 'Robert Logan Williamson' you know who I mean. By the way I don't believe them, and thought it best to keep out of the "public eye" so to speak !
Inbox me when you see this, and I will send you the whole text, quoted verbatim word for word.

I see you are yet to respond, but seriously I would want to know if someone had said the things a 'Mr Provenzanno' said on 'His' behalf ! Who knows, if you respond quick you may still be able to get screen shots, as I just checked and it is still there.

Why do you care?
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Tomasino wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:
Inbox me when you see this, and I will send you the whole text, quoted verbatim word for word.

I see you are yet to respond, but seriously I would want to know if someone had said the things a 'Mr Provenzanno' said on 'His' behalf ! Who knows, if you respond quick you may still be able to get screen shots, as I just checked and it is still there.
Well I don't care personally, however as I said they are bad things, and I would want to know if somebody had the temerity to say those kind's of things about me ! However now I really don't give a flying fornicate ! I thought I was doing the right thing.

Why do you care?
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

However I did care initially because like Rufus I am passionate about the sport of bkb, and "RLW" is the biggest farce and fake in the sport ! I have seen first hand the length's that him and his supporters will go to silence his critics, and I actually feel bad for Rufus, because though I may have been pretty vocal in my disagreement with him, he is genuine in his love for the sport like myself ! Putting things to one side, the person I am referring to who made the comments, is doing more harm to this sport, which for too long has allready had a bad name in the mainstream, and he is treating it like some mafia organisation, with fake mafia related people, and calling the sport "underground" and "Illicit" ! Like that's ever going to help it get legalised backing from registered sanctioning bodies, but is also a way for him to claim a 71-0 bkb record while staging fake fights, paying people to lie down after a few punches, and we have REAL bkb fights happening over here in the UK, with a great many fighters who do it for real, and would smash this guy to bits ! Names like Ferry, Miller, Heggie, Mcrory, Radford etc etc ! He would NEVER fight fair proper bkb matches with any of those names, because of one important factor.....CONTROL !!! As it is a fair fight witnessed by many with a NEUTRAL referee, and the outcome isn't FIXED, he will NEVER fight any of them !!! But anyone who says any different, and they want to threaten families and ACT like a real mafia ! Rufus knows what I am saying is right !
CiganoBoxer
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 1302
Joined: 11 Jun 2010, 14:57

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by CiganoBoxer »

Matt the Master wrote:Anyway Tyson Fury is the best man among Gypsies ! :bag:
Hes the best man amongst men ;-) :bag:
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

CiganoBoxer wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:Anyway Tyson Fury is the best man among Gypsies ! :bag:
Hes the best man amongst men ;-) :bag:
Ah yes ! Sorry mate, of course he is the only undisputed and ring magazine Heavyweight Champion OF THE WORLD !!! I just used that title as we were talking about bareknuckle in the Gypsy/Traveller community, but well said sir ! That makes him even more of a champ !!!
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Does anyone know anything of the "Botton" clan, who are Gypsies with a thoroughbred pedigree in bareknuckle boxing ? Bartley Gorman had a member of the Botton clan (Caley Botton) who married one of the Women in his family (a cousin I believe). Anyway at a wedding Bartley attended while he was still a young lad, some drunken piece of crap hit an old boy related to the Gorman/Botton clans, and actually killed the poor man. Of course the families were enraged as they would be, and Caley Botton gave the man a good beating before getting him out of the venue, because if he hadn't he would have been literally ripped to shreds limb by limb ! Anyway it's all detailed in Bartley's book 'King of the Gypsies'. But there was also a mention of another fighting man from Hemel Hempstead (not "Hammer Hamster" like a certain member of the Mcginley clan would say it !) by the name of "Big John Botton". As his name would suggest he is a very big man ! Indeed so was Caley who apparently went off to live in Canada with Bartley's female relative, and became the Bareknuckle Champion of Canada. The Botton's do seem to me like genuine bkb men, the like of which you will only hear of in books written by other people, and who you won't see talking smack talk on youtube etc ! Infact they seem quite enigmatic as a result of that ! But most importantly Bartley Gorman himself acknowledges them, because like Bartley said when laying to waste. Lenny Mcleans claims of beating this Gypsy and that Gypsy (this particular occassion he claimed to have fought and beat a "Pablo the Gypsy" in a bareknuckle fight) "If there were such a fighting Gypsy known as 'Pablo the Gypsy' then he would have known about him, or at least have heard about him ! Oh and there is also an "Ivan Botton" who was active around the time of Bartley's death (God rest him) and was said to be the Champion of Nottingham. Do you know anything of the Botton's Cigano Boxer or Oiky B ?
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Bollox to this page, too many people acting like a bunch of tight lipped divas, like they would be giving away top secret information ! Maybe makes some folks feel 'exclusive' Whatever ! I only started an account here coz I got sick to death of hearing bullshit claims from a stupid twat wannabe gypsy, who also claims to know it all about everything. Oh and one final parting shot....Rufus you fornicating elephant ball, you are not a Loveridge or even related to any you absolute fake ass faggott ! The only trailer you ever encountered is the white trash redkneck kind ! I know Loveridges all my life, I live right next to a site they share with Smith's in West London, if you ever went to them with your bull shit, they would beat your round as an orange head in with a fornicating mallet you thick fake no good dosser ya ! Hows your best mate "Charlie Zelenoff" ??? Seems he's more on your level to fight ! You 47 second journeyman
CiganoBoxer
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 1302
Joined: 11 Jun 2010, 14:57

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by CiganoBoxer »

Matt the Master wrote:Does anyone know anything of the "Botton" clan, who are Gypsies with a thoroughbred pedigree in bareknuckle boxing ? Bartley Gorman had a member of the Botton clan (Caley Botton) who married one of the Women in his family (a cousin I believe). Anyway at a wedding Bartley attended while he was still a young lad, some drunken piece of crap hit an old boy related to the Gorman/Botton clans, and actually killed the poor man. Of course the families were enraged as they would be, and Caley Botton gave the man a good beating before getting him out of the venue, because if he hadn't he would have been literally ripped to shreds limb by limb ! Anyway it's all detailed in Bartley's book 'King of the Gypsies'. But there was also a mention of another fighting man from Hemel Hempstead (not "Hammer Hamster" like a certain member of the Mcginley clan would say it !) by the name of "Big John Botton". As his name would suggest he is a very big man ! Indeed so was Caley who apparently went off to live in Canada with Bartley's female relative, and became the Bareknuckle Champion of Canada. The Botton's do seem to me like genuine bkb men, the like of which you will only hear of in books written by other people, and who you won't see talking smack talk on youtube etc ! Infact they seem quite enigmatic as a result of that ! But most importantly Bartley Gorman himself acknowledges them, because like Bartley said when laying to waste. Lenny Mcleans claims of beating this Gypsy and that Gypsy (this particular occassion he claimed to have fought and beat a "Pablo the Gypsy" in a bareknuckle fight) "If there were such a fighting Gypsy known as 'Pablo the Gypsy' then he would have known about him, or at least have heard about him ! Oh and there is also an "Ivan Botton" who was active around the time of Bartley's death (God rest him) and was said to be the Champion of Nottingham. Do you know anything of the Botton's Cigano Boxer or Oiky B ?
I know Joeboy bottons son Joffee Botton ?
Tomasino
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 7876
Joined: 24 Apr 2010, 16:39

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Tomasino »

CiganoBoxer wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:Does anyone know anything of the "Botton" clan, who are Gypsies with a thoroughbred pedigree in bareknuckle boxing ? Bartley Gorman had a member of the Botton clan (Caley Botton) who married one of the Women in his family (a cousin I believe). Anyway at a wedding Bartley attended while he was still a young lad, some drunken piece of crap hit an old boy related to the Gorman/Botton clans, and actually killed the poor man. Of course the families were enraged as they would be, and Caley Botton gave the man a good beating before getting him out of the venue, because if he hadn't he would have been literally ripped to shreds limb by limb ! Anyway it's all detailed in Bartley's book 'King of the Gypsies'. But there was also a mention of another fighting man from Hemel Hempstead (not "Hammer Hamster" like a certain member of the Mcginley clan would say it !) by the name of "Big John Botton". As his name would suggest he is a very big man ! Indeed so was Caley who apparently went off to live in Canada with Bartley's female relative, and became the Bareknuckle Champion of Canada. The Botton's do seem to me like genuine bkb men, the like of which you will only hear of in books written by other people, and who you won't see talking smack talk on youtube etc ! Infact they seem quite enigmatic as a result of that ! But most importantly Bartley Gorman himself acknowledges them, because like Bartley said when laying to waste. Lenny Mcleans claims of beating this Gypsy and that Gypsy (this particular occassion he claimed to have fought and beat a "Pablo the Gypsy" in a bareknuckle fight) "If there were such a fighting Gypsy known as 'Pablo the Gypsy' then he would have known about him, or at least have heard about him ! Oh and there is also an "Ivan Botton" who was active around the time of Bartley's death (God rest him) and was said to be the Champion of Nottingham. Do you know anything of the Botton's Cigano Boxer or Oiky B ?
I know Joeboy bottons son Joffee Botton ?

He's already started crying because nobody replied in time :lol:
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

No I'm only crying because Rufus hasn't replied yet :-P
Kalan
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 10083
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 23:22

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Kalan »

Bare knuckle fighting is what you do if you're a loser. There may be organizations of bare knuckle fighters in the world but there's no well organized international competitions or elite athletes. It's not recognized as an organized amateur or professional sport. If you want to fight you have a number of popular options. The Top-10 in no particular order: Amateur Free Style Wrestling.. Greco Roman Wrestling.. Kickboxing.. Muay Thai.. Jiu Jitsu.. Judo.. Karate.. MMA.. Boxing.. and Savate where you actually kick with shoes on as opposed to kicking bare footed or with wrapped feet.

The history of bare knuckle fighting is certainly interesting. John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Jim Jeffries, Peter Jackson, Jem Mace, Tom Cribb, Frank Slavin, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Choynski, Tom Sharkey, Bob Armstrong, Jim Corbett and others started their careers as bare knuckle boxers and some transitioned to gloved fighting. Sullivan and many others resisted the momentum towards the Queensberry Rules - but it became the law and bare knuckle fighting was outlawed. Even Boxing under Queensberry Rules was outlawed in many states and Johnson, Choynski and many other spent time in jail for violating those laws.
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

:lol:
Kalan wrote:Bare knuckle fighting is what you do if you're a loser. There may be organizations of bare knuckle fighters in the world but there's no well organized international competitions or elite athletes. It's not recognized as an organized amateur or professional sport. If you want to fight you have a number of popular options. The Top-10 in no particular order: Amateur Free Style Wrestling.. Greco Roman Wrestling.. Kickboxing.. Muay Thai.. Jiu Jitsu.. Judo.. Karate.. MMA.. Boxing.. and Savate where you actually kick with shoes on as opposed to kicking bare footed or with wrapped feet.

The history of bare knuckle fighting is certainly interesting. John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Jim Jeffries, Peter Jackson, Jem Mace, Tom Cribb, Frank Slavin, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Choynski, Tom Sharkey, Bob Armstrong, Jim Corbett and others started their careers as bare knuckle boxers and some transitioned to gloved fighting. Sullivan and many others resisted the momentum towards the Queensberry Rules - but it became the law and bare knuckle fighting was outlawed. Even Boxing under Queensberry Rules was outlawed in many states and Johnson, Choynski and many other spent time in jail for violating those laws.
"Bareknuckle boxing is what you do if you are a loser" First of all your post is barely worth responding to as it is full of contradictions. You lambast ALL bareknuckle fighters, then go on to congratulate others, and you do all of that whilst providing us all with a "history" of the sport that a kid could have written. Thanks for the lesson, but no thanks teach ! Anyone can educate anyone else on this subject so long as they have done their research and know what they are talking about, others like to write their own history hey Rufus ! Let me educate you now......You see there is this master bareknuckler by the name of "Rufus the doofus 'Gypsy' Henry Robbins Defibaugh" at least that's what he led many fools on this and other forums to believe, all after getting starry eyed after reading Bartley Gorman's book "King of the Gypsies", a great book and a greater man for sure ! But only fake wannabe mugs like doofus try to be someone/something they are not ! A real piece of bkb history and a real fighter to be proud of was Jack Dempsey ! "He never fought bkb" I hear you say, but before he became a pro, he used to ride the rails, going from town to town, city to city, bar to bar, walk in and say "I'll fight any man in this joint for $500 !" he got plenty of takers, and never lost a single one of these imprompto bareknuckle bouts, often fighting men twice his size, and stopping at nothing to win, if it meant he had to bite, or squeeze a mans ball sack so be it ! You got to be in it to win it ! Anyway he had to win otherwise he would go hungry that day ! As we all know he turned pro sometime later, and went on to win the Heavyweight Championship of the world, at a time when there was only one champion ! He fought and beat the giant Jess Willard to win the title, a man literally twice his size ! A superior boxing brain coupled with unbelievable courage and pluck combined to make Jack Dempsey quite simply a ferocious fighter wether on the cobbles or in the ring !

So now I have educated you a little, I will concur somewhat, and agree with you to an extent that yes there is much less rigid control of the sport on the one hand, with no official governance which makes it very easy for people like Bobby Gunn, Paddy Monaghan, and even little pussies like Rufus Defibaugh to make audacious claims in the sport, wether historical as in the case of Monaghan, and modern as far as Gunn and Defibaugh are concerned (though I shouldn't really put Gunn in the same sentence as Rufus considering he actually had a boxing carrer to be proud of, becoming cruiserweight world champion, whereas the farce that is Rufus Defibaugh LIED about having amatuer experience to get a single pro fight (he had no amatuer fights) and in this one 'pro fight' he stayex upright on his feet for a grand total of 47 secs of the first round, after recieving a love tap on the chin from the aptly named 'J'Leon Love' ! Type 'Rufus Defibaugh vs J'Leon Love' into You Tube and I garuntee anyone who watches it the best laugh they've had in a long while :lol:

Anyway Doofus I simply dislike you because of hearing your constant bragging and disrespectful manner, also hearing your fake wannabe claims of being related to this Gypsy family and that Gypsy family (This time it's the Loveridges, some of whom I grew up with and have known all of my life) "Oh I just checked my grandma's side of our family tree, and rather conveniently found out I am related to Loveridges" Yeah whatever doofus ! You see I don't like seeing a know it all, redkneck piece of trash from America, claiming your related to Gypsies from my country, a lot of whom I am personal friends with, and go all the way back to childhood with ! So fornicate YOU DOOFUS YOU FAKE PRICK !!!

One last thing Doofus, I got something free for you.....A free fight ! Unlike with Bobby Gunn, you don't need to put up $50,000, I'll happily beat your round as an orange head off your shoulders for FREE !!! I know your around 30 years of age, and I just turned 33, though your a middleweight by the looks of you, and I weigh 200lbs+, so I'll give you an advantage that we can agree on at a later date, but for now don't sit in silence you fake little wannabe pussy, I'm calling you out !
gp.
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 1039
Joined: 11 Sep 2009, 22:18

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by gp. »

Matt the Master wrote::lol:
Kalan wrote:Bare knuckle fighting is what you do if you're a loser. There may be organizations of bare knuckle fighters in the world but there's no well organized international competitions or elite athletes. It's not recognized as an organized amateur or professional sport. If you want to fight you have a number of popular options. The Top-10 in no particular order: Amateur Free Style Wrestling.. Greco Roman Wrestling.. Kickboxing.. Muay Thai.. Jiu Jitsu.. Judo.. Karate.. MMA.. Boxing.. and Savate where you actually kick with shoes on as opposed to kicking bare footed or with wrapped feet.

The history of bare knuckle fighting is certainly interesting. John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Jim Jeffries, Peter Jackson, Jem Mace, Tom Cribb, Frank Slavin, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Choynski, Tom Sharkey, Bob Armstrong, Jim Corbett and others started their careers as bare knuckle boxers and some transitioned to gloved fighting. Sullivan and many others resisted the momentum towards the Queensberry Rules - but it became the law and bare knuckle fighting was outlawed. Even Boxing under Queensberry Rules was outlawed in many states and Johnson, Choynski and many other spent time in jail for violating those laws.
"Bareknuckle boxing is what you do if you are a loser" First of all your post is barely worth responding to as it is full of contradictions. You lambast ALL bareknuckle fighters, then go on to congratulate others, and you do all of that whilst providing us all with a "history" of the sport that a kid could have written. Thanks for the lesson, but no thanks teach ! Anyone can educate anyone else on this subject so long as they have done their research and know what they are talking about, others like to write their own history hey Rufus ! Let me educate you now......You see there is this master bareknuckler by the name of "Rufus the doofus 'Gypsy' Henry Robbins Defibaugh" at least that's what he led many fools on this and other forums to believe, all after getting starry eyed after reading Bartley Gorman's book "King of the Gypsies", a great book and a greater man for sure ! But only fake wannabe mugs like doofus try to be someone/something they are not ! A real piece of bkb history and a real fighter to be proud of was Jack Dempsey ! "He never fought bkb" I hear you say, but before he became a pro, he used to ride the rails, going from town to town, city to city, bar to bar, walk in and say "I'll fight any man in this joint for $500 !" he got plenty of takers, and never lost a single one of these imprompto bareknuckle bouts, often fighting men twice his size, and stopping at nothing to win, if it meant he had to bite, or squeeze a mans ball sack so be it ! You got to be in it to win it ! Anyway he had to win otherwise he would go hungry that day ! As we all know he turned pro sometime later, and went on to win the Heavyweight Championship of the world, at a time when there was only one champion ! He fought and beat the giant Jess Willard to win the title, a man literally twice his size ! A superior boxing brain coupled with unbelievable courage and pluck combined to make Jack Dempsey quite simply a ferocious fighter wether on the cobbles or in the ring !

So now I have educated you a little, I will concur somewhat, and agree with you to an extent that yes there is much less rigid control of the sport on the one hand, with no official governance which makes it very easy for people like Bobby Gunn, Paddy Monaghan, and even little pussies like Rufus Defibaugh to make audacious claims in the sport, wether historical as in the case of Monaghan, and modern as far as Gunn and Defibaugh are concerned (though I shouldn't really put Gunn in the same sentence as Rufus considering he actually had a boxing carrer to be proud of, becoming cruiserweight world champion, whereas the farce that is Rufus Defibaugh LIED about having amatuer experience to get a single pro fight (he had no amatuer fights) and in this one 'pro fight' he stayex upright on his feet for a grand total of 47 secs of the first round, after recieving a love tap on the chin from the aptly named 'J'Leon Love' ! Type 'Rufus Defibaugh vs J'Leon Love' into You Tube and I garuntee anyone who watches it the best laugh they've had in a long while :lol:

Anyway Doofus I simply dislike you because of hearing your constant bragging and disrespectful manner, also hearing your fake wannabe claims of being related to this Gypsy family and that Gypsy family (This time it's the Loveridges, some of whom I grew up with and have known all of my life) "Oh I just checked my grandma's side of our family tree, and rather conveniently found out I am related to Loveridges" Yeah whatever doofus ! You see I don't like seeing a know it all, redkneck piece of trash from America, claiming your related to Gypsies from my country, a lot of whom I am personal friends with, and go all the way back to childhood with ! So eff YOU DOOFUS YOU FAKE PRICK !!!

One last thing Doofus, I got something free for you.....A free fight ! Unlike with Bobby Gunn, you don't need to put up $50,000, I'll happily beat your round as an orange head off your shoulders for FREE !!! I know your around 30 years of age, and I just turned 33, though your a middleweight by the looks of you, and I weigh 200lbs+, so I'll give you an advantage that we can agree on at a later date, but for now don't sit in silence you fake little wannabe pussy, I'm calling you out !

I'd go and sit down for a while if I were you.
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

gp. wrote:
Matt the Master wrote::lol:
Kalan wrote:Bare knuckle fighting is what you do if you're a loser. There may be organizations of bare knuckle fighters in the world but there's no well organized international competitions or elite athletes. It's not recognized as an organized amateur or professional sport. If you want to fight you have a number of popular options. The Top-10 in no particular order: Amateur Free Style Wrestling.. Greco Roman Wrestling.. Kickboxing.. Muay Thai.. Jiu Jitsu.. Judo.. Karate.. MMA.. Boxing.. and Savate where you actually kick with shoes on as opposed to kicking bare footed or with wrapped feet.

The history of bare knuckle fighting is certainly interesting. John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Jim Jeffries, Peter Jackson, Jem Mace, Tom Cribb, Frank Slavin, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Choynski, Tom Sharkey, Bob Armstrong, Jim Corbett and others started their careers as bare knuckle boxers and some transitioned to gloved fighting. Sullivan and many others resisted the momentum towards the Queensberry Rules - but it became the law and bare knuckle fighting was outlawed. Even Boxing under Queensberry Rules was outlawed in many states and Johnson, Choynski and many other spent time in jail for violating those laws.
"Bareknuckle boxing is what you do if you are a loser" First of all your post is barely worth responding to as it is full of contradictions. You lambast ALL bareknuckle fighters, then go on to congratulate others, and you do all of that whilst providing us all with a "history" of the sport that a kid could have written. Thanks for the lesson, but no thanks teach ! Anyone can educate anyone else on this subject so long as they have done their research and know what they are talking about, others like to write their own history hey Rufus ! Let me educate you now......You see there is this master bareknuckler by the name of "Rufus the doofus 'Gypsy' Henry Robbins Defibaugh" at least that's what he led many fools on this and other forums to believe, all after getting starry eyed after reading Bartley Gorman's book "King of the Gypsies", a great book and a greater man for sure ! But only fake wannabe mugs like doofus try to be someone/something they are not ! A real piece of bkb history and a real fighter to be proud of was Jack Dempsey ! "He never fought bkb" I hear you say, but before he became a pro, he used to ride the rails, going from town to town, city to city, bar to bar, walk in and say "I'll fight any man in this joint for $500 !" he got plenty of takers, and never lost a single one of these imprompto bareknuckle bouts, often fighting men twice his size, and stopping at nothing to win, if it meant he had to bite, or squeeze a mans ball sack so be it ! You got to be in it to win it ! Anyway he had to win otherwise he would go hungry that day ! As we all know he turned pro sometime later, and went on to win the Heavyweight Championship of the world, at a time when there was only one champion ! He fought and beat the giant Jess Willard to win the title, a man literally twice his size ! A superior boxing brain coupled with unbelievable courage and pluck combined to make Jack Dempsey quite simply a ferocious fighter wether on the cobbles or in the ring !

So now I have educated you a little, I will concur somewhat, and agree with you to an extent that yes there is much less rigid control of the sport on the one hand, with no official governance which makes it very easy for people like Bobby Gunn, Paddy Monaghan, and even little pussies like Rufus Defibaugh to make audacious claims in the sport, wether historical as in the case of Monaghan, and modern as far as Gunn and Defibaugh are concerned (though I shouldn't really put Gunn in the same sentence as Rufus considering he actually had a boxing carrer to be proud of, becoming cruiserweight world champion, whereas the farce that is Rufus Defibaugh LIED about having amatuer experience to get a single pro fight (he had no amatuer fights) and in this one 'pro fight' he stayex upright on his feet for a grand total of 47 secs of the first round, after recieving a love tap on the chin from the aptly named 'J'Leon Love' ! Type 'Rufus Defibaugh vs J'Leon Love' into You Tube and I garuntee anyone who watches it the best laugh they've had in a long while :lol:

Anyway Doofus I simply dislike you because of hearing your constant bragging and disrespectful manner, also hearing your fake wannabe claims of being related to this Gypsy family and that Gypsy family (This time it's the Loveridges, some of whom I grew up with and have known all of my life) "Oh I just checked my grandma's side of our family tree, and rather conveniently found out I am related to Loveridges" Yeah whatever doofus ! You see I don't like seeing a know it all, redkneck piece of trash from America, claiming your related to Gypsies from my country, a lot of whom I am personal friends with, and go all the way back to childhood with ! So eff YOU DOOFUS YOU FAKE PRICK !!!

One last thing Doofus, I got something free for you.....A free fight ! Unlike with Bobby Gunn, you don't need to put up $50,000, I'll happily beat your round as an orange head off your shoulders for FREE !!! I know your around 30 years of age, and I just turned 33, though your a middleweight by the looks of you, and I weigh 200lbs+, so I'll give you an advantage that we can agree on at a later date, but for now don't sit in silence you fake little wannabe pussy, I'm calling you out !

I'd go and sit down for a while if I were you.
Usually if a "g.p" told me to sit down (if I was you), I may actually have taken their advice ! But your not a general practitioner, and you certainly am not me ! So I appreciate the advice (however well intentioned) but I am quite comfortable lying down at the minute ! Besides what is it to you if I have a problem with a wannabe redneck mug who makes all kinds of laughable claims ?

I understand though that this all takes the topic away from REAL BKB, and seeing as I have spent a great portion of time refuting FAKE CLAIMS in the world of bareknuckle boxing, I also see now that this thread is going ever so slightly "off topic" and that I should cease with the calling out of the aforementioned BKB con men !

So unless Rufus grows a pair and ceases to act as though he is above my fair and righteous rebuke of his fake claims by remaining silent, then I will cease to mention his fake name again, unless he responds ! Though of course that isn't at all likely, as he doesn't possess a set of balls !

Quite simply I am a dude who loves boxing and the subculture of the bareknuckle variety, though I HATE hearing bullshit claims by people who are full of themselves (or shit rather !) And when called to task over it can only sit in silence as if they are 'above' responding, when in all actuality the person in question is above nothing, and is a great big LIAR that claims to be someone he isn't (a Gypsy) and has even made disgustingly untrue claims about dating a Joyce girl in this very thread !!! And then there appears to be people here that seem to want to defend him !

Oh well, I call bullshit out when I see it/hear it, but maybe that's just me !
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

And I know for a certain 100% fact that there are Joyce men out there that would castrate this little mung bean for even daring to suggest anything improper regarding one of their women ! :shame:
uno_aus
Welterweight
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 May 2016, 04:53

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by uno_aus »

Hi all and sorry for joining this thread so late.

I had read Bartley Gormans book and found interest in his stories.

In an effort to try and validate his book I took to google some 12 months ago, the modern way I guess.

On Google I found the worlds foremost expert on the subject Mr Homicide_Henry.

However on reading Mr Henry's various stated facts it became apparent that he was just cut and pasting from the Bartley Gorman book.

I took great interest in this thread and got many laughs from it, mostly at Mr Henrys expense I am sorry to say.

His passionate commitment to his one source research gave me great joy.

Then the thread stopped and I was sad but then recently I saw it had fired back up again.

So please Homicide_Henry make another comeback, my life needs the joy, your various thought on the tough guys of yesteryear is missed.

The thread is the poorer for the lack of your expert comment.
Tomasino
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 7876
Joined: 24 Apr 2010, 16:39

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Tomasino »

Matt the Master wrote:However I did care initially because like Rufus I am passionate about the sport of bkb, and "RLW" is the biggest farce and fake in the sport ! I have seen first hand the length's that him and his supporters will go to silence his critics, and I actually feel bad for Rufus, because though I may have been pretty vocal in my disagreement with him, he is genuine in his love for the sport like myself ! Putting things to one side, the person I am referring to who made the comments, is doing more harm to this sport, which for too long has allready had a bad name in the mainstream, and he is treating it like some mafia organisation, with fake mafia related people, and calling the sport "underground" and "Illicit" ! Like that's ever going to help it get legalised backing from registered sanctioning bodies, but is also a way for him to claim a 71-0 bkb record while staging fake fights, paying people to lie down after a few punches, and we have REAL bkb fights happening over here in the UK, with a great many fighters who do it for real, and would smash this guy to bits ! Names like Ferry, Miller, Heggie, Mcrory, Radford etc etc ! He would NEVER fight fair proper bkb matches with any of those names, because of one important factor.....CONTROL !!! As it is a fair fight witnessed by many with a NEUTRAL referee, and the outcome isn't FIXED, he will NEVER fight any of them !!! But anyone who says any different, and they want to threaten families and ACT like a real mafia ! Rufus knows what I am saying is right !

Deca Heggie? :roll: calm down man.
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

uno_aus wrote:Hi all and sorry for joining this thread so late.

I had read Bartley Gormans book and found interest in his stories.

In an effort to try and validate his book I took to google some 12 months ago, the modern way I guess.

On Google I found the worlds foremost expert on the subject Mr Homicide_Henry.

However on reading Mr Henry's various stated facts it became apparent that he was just cut and pasting from the Bartley Gorman book.

I took great interest in this thread and got many laughs from it, mostly at Mr Henrys expense I am sorry to say.

His passionate commitment to his one source research gave me great joy.

Then the thread stopped and I was sad but then recently I saw it had fired back up again.

So please Homicide_Henry make another comeback, my life needs the joy, your various thought on the tough guys of yesteryear is missed.

The thread is the poorer for the lack of your expert comment.
Oh isn't it just ! I think all of us here miss input from "Mr Homicide Henry Roofus the Doofus Gypsy Robbins Loveridge Defibaugh" wether we care to admit it or not ! Yes we all need a little direction and dare I say "correction" from the afformentioned expert on bare knuckle boxing in the UK, bestowing his nuggets of wisdom upon us from his trailer park in yankeeville (no not the Gypsy kind, the redkneck white trash kind !)

He is also a great and reknowned bareknuckler himself didn't you know ! You can clearly see how well he fight's in his one and only 'Pro boxing' fight on You Tube against one 'J'Leon Love' ! Just type "Rufus Defibaugh vs J'Leon Love" into You Tube and you will see a great fighter with tons of heart, who just keeps getting back up no matter how hard he is hit, or however many times he get's knocked down.......NOT !!! What you will really see is a sub amatuer level wannabe fighter (He lied about having amatuer experience to get his one 'Pro fight' !) who thought that he too could fight after getting all starry eyed and nostalgic after reading Bartley Gorman's book, but then got brought back down to reality via J'Leon Love's right hand !!! Bwaaaaa ha ha ha !!!

The dude is clearly a very messed up individual who also thinks he is a Gypsy ! (Well he knows he isn't, but that doesn't stop him trying to convince others on facebook that he rather conveniently just found out that he is related to the Loveridge family by tracing his family tree ! It seems Rufus Defibaugh to give him his REAL NAME is confused and doesn't even know which Gypsy name he should go for, first it was Robbins, now it's Loveridge ! The dudes very confused indeed !

Rufus I don't even care if you respond or not anymore as I have the satisfaction of knowing that A. You can see this just as you have read all my past posts. and B. Everyone on here that read your b.s in the past now know that your a total and complete FAKE !!! And can see that it's clearly all true (Which it is 100%) because of the fact that you wont respond !

But I will give you one thing, you are one crazy fornicating bastard, sometimes funny, but this is just way too disrespectful even for you !!! Rufus is it true that you paid a Clairvoyant a substantial sum of money to attempt to make contact with the deceased soul of Bartley Gorman in order to (in the words relayed to me by my source in your OWN WORDS) "Give me the latent power that you showed Bartley, in order to become the King of the Gypsies, let me inherit this power from you in order that I myself may be made great as you undoubtedly were" Did you attempt to make contact with the late Bartley Gorman Rufus ? And did you indeed say those words ? I put it to you Rufus that you did indeed say those words, and that you did indeed hire the services of a clairvoyant in order to conduct a seance and disrespectfuly attempt to disturb the peace of a great and honorable family man !!! Why you disgust me you little blimp !!! fornicate off back to redkneckville you salmon !!!
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Tomasino wrote:
Matt the Master wrote:However I did care initially because like Rufus I am passionate about the sport of bkb, and "RLW" is the biggest farce and fake in the sport ! I have seen first hand the length's that him and his supporters will go to silence his critics, and I actually feel bad for Rufus, because though I may have been pretty vocal in my disagreement with him, he is genuine in his love for the sport like myself ! Putting things to one side, the person I am referring to who made the comments, is doing more harm to this sport, which for too long has allready had a bad name in the mainstream, and he is treating it like some mafia organisation, with fake mafia related people, and calling the sport "underground" and "Illicit" ! Like that's ever going to help it get legalised backing from registered sanctioning bodies, but is also a way for him to claim a 71-0 bkb record while staging fake fights, paying people to lie down after a few punches, and we have REAL bkb fights happening over here in the UK, with a great many fighters who do it for real, and would smash this guy to bits ! Names like Ferry, Miller, Heggie, Mcrory, Radford etc etc ! He would NEVER fight fair proper bkb matches with any of those names, because of one important factor.....CONTROL !!! As it is a fair fight witnessed by many with a NEUTRAL referee, and the outcome isn't FIXED, he will NEVER fight any of them !!! But anyone who says any different, and they want to threaten families and ACT like a real mafia ! Rufus knows what I am saying is right !

Deca Heggie? :roll: calm down man.
Decca Heggie ??? No he is only slightly less of a bum than Bobby Gunn, at least Decca has some REAL FIGHTS online that we can all see, and not some "Hollywood productions" that 'Team Gunn' produce, paying bums to lie down and editing them heavily !!! Maybe you wish I was Decca Heggie, maybe then you could discredit what I am saying, but sorry to disappoint you, but I am just a regular guy who has no vested interest in the sport other than offering my opinion on the subject.

But who are you ??? 'Dominic Scibetta' or maybe 'Danny Provenzanno' ???

It's so funny with 'Team Gunn' ! They must know that not everybody is so stupid to believe their b.s, and they must know that they can't keep the truth from getting out, yet they STILL TRY bless em !!!

Seems with ex-mafia men behind them, Team Gunn believe they can threaten people who disagree that Bobby's this great champion, and that they can police the internet and think people are scared of them !!!

Bwaaaa ha ha but I'm sorry to disappoint you but no one's scared of a bunch of ex mafia retards and a 40+ year old bum that got knocked out in pro boxing by every decent fighter he ever faced, but now expects the world to believe he is some great bkb champion.....I got one word for that, and it's BOLLOX !!!

Take your trashy fake brand of bkb and keep it in the states where it belongs !!! Us over here in the UK have a long and great tradition of REAL BKB AND REAL FIGHTS !!! Wether it be between Country people or Gypsy men !!!

Oh and one last thing, Bobby Gunn is not a Traveller, and was never related to any Travellers despite what those silly Mcginley's and Mcphee's will say ! You clearly had an agreement with them to say your related, because long ago in the days before your great bkb career James Quinn Mcdonagh knew you, and he never once mentioned that you were a Traveller ! You fake fake man !!!
Tomasino
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 7876
Joined: 24 Apr 2010, 16:39

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Tomasino »

I thought I asked you to calm down?
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Tomasino wrote:I thought I asked you to calm down?
You may have, however you are not my God so I didn't take much notice, sorry ! However may your day be blessed by the one true God our beloved Lord Jesus Christ !

Amen.
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

Coming soon...

Matt the Master's lists of REAL BKB WARRIORS and BKB FAKES AND CONMEN/CHARLATANS !!!

Based on the superior opinion of the REAL and TRUE expert on the subject (you watching doofus ??? Yes of course you are !!!)

Watch this space !!!
Matt the Master
Welterweight
Posts: 152
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 16:47

Re: Modern Day Bare Knucklers

Post by Matt the Master »

BKB Warriors Past and Present.
Past. Jem Mace, John L Sullivan, Tom Sayers, Jack Broughton, Bartley Gorman l, Dan Donnelly, Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Uriah Burton, Barney Doherty, Jim Neilson, Bartley Gorman V, Lenny Mclean, Roy Shaw, Charles Bronson, Dan Rooney, Joe Joyce, Mark Ripley, John Fury, Simon Doherty, Henry Francis, Aney Mcginley, Anthony O'Donnell, Ditsy Nevin, Paddy Doherty, Bernie Ward, John Nevin, James Quinn Mcdonagh, John Joyce R.I.P, Simon O'Donnell, Fred Butcher, Michael Quinn Mcdonagh,

Present. Paddy Ward, Davey Joyce, Joe Joyce Jr, Cowboys Michael Quinn Mcdonagh, Trevor Mcginley, Dougie Joyce, Davey Nevin, Michael Keenan, Patrick Nevin, Jimmy Maloney, Paul Joyce, Martin O'Donnell, Anthony O'Donnell, James Mcrory, Dave Radford, Michael Ferry, Stevan Miller, Decca Heggie, David Price, Kimbo Slice, Dada 5000, Barney Mcginley, Seth Jones, Elias Smith,

BKB Frauds Past and Present.
Past. Paddy Monaghan,
Present. Bobby Gunn, Rufus Defibaugh, Simon Mcginley

*Please note that these lists are works in progress, and were designed to instigate discussion and debate, and as a result names can be added/omitted to either category.
Last edited by Matt the Master on 02 Jun 2016, 02:16, edited 3 times in total.
Locked