Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104811
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:13
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:27
DA1 wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:24


Once again, you have completely ignored everything I've said beyond the first line.

Its about Adonis AND Eleider, not just the former. They are collectively holding up the rankings and screwing everyone else beneath them, especially the foreign fighters not signed with big US promoters.
Eleider wasn't the mandatory for three years.

Adonis didn't duck his mandatory for three years and I already proved why.
You need to learn to make your points faster, and more efficiently. I don't know about most, but I'm personally not gonna read these long ass posts you make.

Get to the point.
Didn't he become mandatory when he beat Chilemba? Which was 2015 was it?
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:52
gilgamesh wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:13
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:27
Eleider wasn't the mandatory for three years.

Adonis didn't duck his mandatory for three years and I already proved why.
You need to learn to make your points faster, and more efficiently. I don't know about most, but I'm personally not gonna read these long ass posts you make.

Get to the point.
Didn't he become mandatory when he beat Chilemba? Which was 2015 was it?
Who? Alvarez?

Yeah he took step aside money like at least 3 times.

And for me personally, if you're continuously willing to take step aside money, after a while I don't give a sh*t if you get your title shot or not. Because you OBVIOUSLY don't really want it, and if you don't want it, you don't deserve it.
boxing_rocks
Welterweight
Posts: 7851
Joined: 20 May 2016, 13:11

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by boxing_rocks »

Please note that EO is not a mandatory for any of us, so there is no need to argue with the brick.
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:13
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:27
DA1 wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:24


Once again, you have completely ignored everything I've said beyond the first line.

Its about Adonis AND Eleider, not just the former. They are collectively holding up the rankings and screwing everyone else beneath them, especially the foreign fighters not signed with big US promoters.
Eleider wasn't the mandatory for three years.

Adonis didn't duck his mandatory for three years and I already proved why.
You need to learn to make your points faster, and more efficiently. I don't know about most, but I'm personally not gonna read these long ass posts you make.

Get to the point.
I initially make my point brief, but then people want proof, since they often don't believe me, which inevitably results in longer posts.

For instance, if there are twelve reasons why something specific either does or doesn't happen, then I'll list them all.

I can do that because I follow the sport closely and research my claims, rather than behaving like the majority of forum users, by simply adhering to the lemming-like misconceptions of the mainstream masses (i.e. Sergey Kovalev is one of the greatest human beings who has ever lived and can do no wrong, whilst Adonis Stevenson is a vile evil despicable specimen of humanity).

Ultimately though, if you're not interested in reading a whole host of studiously researched facts to support a specific claim, then please ignore my posts from now on.

It's not my intention to frustrate or bore you.

The crazy thing is, people say they're going to ignore my threads and posts, but then they keep responding to them and they usually receive a lot of views, usually more than most. :TU:
Heretic
Super Middleweight
Posts: 2046
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 07:18

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Heretic »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 09:49
Heretic wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 07:57Yeah you do seem to hate it when people state that their opinions are in fact only opinions :OhYes:
I actually appreciate those that are honest enough to claim that their thoughts are merely opinions.

I only “hate it when people state that their opinions are… facts”, since they usually aren’t.
Heretic wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 07:57I can remember thread that was named something like "is Adonis Stevenson being critiqued too hard?"... I also remember that the subject was talked in another thread just little bit before that...
You’ve repeated another vague claim. Rather than guess, why don’t you do some research and prove it? I asked you to do this earlier, but somehow you can't... and the reason seems rather obvious to me! :lol:
Heretic wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 07:57Can you somehow prove with evidence that there were no point in the last few years where the Stvenson vs Kovalev fight could have happened if Stevenson wanted that fight.
If I want to buy a Ferrari, I not only have to deal with multiple third-parties, but there are legal and financial considerations also. The same principle applies to Stevenson.

Here are several points worth considering:
• HBO previously refused to work with Al Haymon & Showtime (uness mega-bucks were involved). This was proven in court to be true
• Sergey Kovalev has an exclusive contract with HBO.
• Sergey Kovalev had a guaranteed opportunity to face Adonis Stevenson during 2015, but refused to take it.
• GYM & Showtime were willing to outbid HBO & Main Events for the rights to promote and televise the Stevenson & Kovalev fight, which would have given both fighters bigger paydays, but Kathy Duva and Ken Hershman wouldn’t allow it.
• The only way that Stevenson could have faced Kovalev is if he allowed HBO & Main Events to have the exclusive rights to promote and televise the event, even though GYM & Showtime were capable of offering both fighters more money.

The Canadian fighter doesn’t own an Infinity Gauntlet whereby he only needs to click his fingers to make things happen! He’s not in complete control over his own destiny and other people’s. He has to work with his team.
Heretic wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 07:57Also can you somehow prove with evidence that Stevenson is not only willing to take this fight because he is after one final big payday?

If not then it seems like it is only your opinion that my opinion on this matters is wrong :twisted:
Why would I even bother to do that? This is not within the scope of our discussion.

Are you using “straw man” debating tactics to claim that I believe in “something” that I have never even articulated?

Are you claiming to possess powers of telepathy? If not, then quote my words that illustrates this alleged “opinion” that you believe I hold. If you can’t, then apologise for lying! :yay:
:TU: Nicely done. You truly have turned trolling into a form of art.

I could continue this back and fort for an eternity. But *sigh sadly I have better things to do with my time :twisted:
lazboy
Welterweight
Posts: 5567
Joined: 16 Jun 2016, 21:00

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by lazboy »

Very hyped for this fight! :bag:

Will be rooting for Jack. If he can survive the first 4 or so I think he can wear down and potentially stop Stevenson (like a lot have been saying). Although it will most likely be tense throughout...as that left bomb of Stevenson is magnificent.

Jack is solid on all fronts. We don’t know yet but he might be stronger at this weight. I also think he’s an improving fighter. He hasn’t been really in many fights and has fought and arguable beat the best. Id also consider him a fighter with a brain...that listens...under the tutelage of Mayweather....that’s dangerous.

Will see if his high education at smw and in the Mayweather gym has been applied. We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lazboy
Welterweight
Posts: 5567
Joined: 16 Jun 2016, 21:00

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by lazboy »

Whoops I put this in the wrong thread. Meant to be the thread about jack stopping an old Adonis.
DA1
Lightweight
Posts: 174
Joined: 05 May 2018, 23:24

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by DA1 »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:27
Eleider wasn't the mandatory for three years.

Adonis didn't duck his mandatory for three years and I already proved why.
Three years or two years, the consequence is the same.
He's been his mandatory since February 2017. They won't fight each other and are holding up the line.
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

DA1 wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 01:54
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 14:27
Eleider wasn't the mandatory for three years.

Adonis didn't duck his mandatory for three years and I already proved why.
Three years or two years, the consequence is the same.
He's been his mandatory since February 2017. They won't fight each other and are holding up the line.
Eleider Alvarez isn't even rated by the WBC anymore! :lol:

Barely a year had passed since the WBC formally ordered Adonis Stevenson to defend his title against Eleider Alvarez prior to the Columbian's decision to withdraw from his WBC mandatory challenger position earlier on this year.

Adonis Stevenson is now facing the WBC’s highest ranked title challenger tomorrow night when he faces Badou Jack.

Eleider Alvarez willingly agreed to step aside to allow other fighters to challenge for Adonis Stevenson’s WBC title on multiple occasions, but he was only ever paid by the champion once for doing so.

Eleider Alvarez also voluntarily withdrew from his WBC mandatory challenger position several months ago when he refused to compete in the WBC-ordered Interim World Championship fight against Oleksandr Gvozdyk and then subsequently signed-up to face Sergey Kovalev instead.

Therefore, no one should claim that Adonis Stevenson and Eleider Alvarez “are holding up the line” for those vying for an opportunity for compete for the WBC's 175lbs championship.

You’ve embellished the severity of the situation! :TU:
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:58 Yeah he took step aside money like at least 3 times.

And for me personally, if you're continuously willing to take step aside money, after a while I don't give a sh*t if you get your title shot or not. Because you OBVIOUSLY don't really want it, and if you don't want it, you don't deserve it.
Alvarez's promoter, Yvon Michel of GYM, stated the following four months ago about his fighter:

"He has stepped aside only once, never got money for it and we can’t see the logic to have to do a fourth title eliminator..."

Meanwhile, the WBC maintains that Eleider Alvarez actually stepped aside twice (allowing Stevenson to fight Fonfara and then Jack).
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 04:17
gilgamesh wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:58 Yeah he took step aside money like at least 3 times.

And for me personally, if you're continuously willing to take step aside money, after a while I don't give a sh*t if you get your title shot or not. Because you OBVIOUSLY don't really want it, and if you don't want it, you don't deserve it.
Alvarez's promoter, Yvon Michel of GYM, stated the following four months ago about his fighter:

"He has stepped aside only once, never got money for it and we can’t see the logic to have to do a fourth title eliminator..."

Meanwhile, the WBC maintains that Eleider Alvarez actually stepped aside twice (allowing Stevenson to fight Fonfara and then Jack).
I don't see the logic in a 4th title eliminator either, but I don't believe his promoter that he's stepped aside only once.
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 10:56
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 04:17
gilgamesh wrote: ↑17 May 2018, 15:58 Yeah he took step aside money like at least 3 times.

And for me personally, if you're continuously willing to take step aside money, after a while I don't give a sh*t if you get your title shot or not. Because you OBVIOUSLY don't really want it, and if you don't want it, you don't deserve it.
Alvarez's promoter, Yvon Michel of GYM, stated the following four months ago about his fighter:

"He has stepped aside only once, never got money for it and we can’t see the logic to have to do a fourth title eliminator..."

Meanwhile, the WBC maintains that Eleider Alvarez actually stepped aside twice (allowing Stevenson to fight Fonfara and then Jack).
I don't see the logic in a 4th title eliminator either, but I don't believe his promoter that he's stepped aside only once.
He's done it at least twice (according to the WBC), but we know he wasn't paid to step aside when he allowed Fonfara to challenge Adonis Stevenson.

It seems that fight fans (in general) feel compelled to embelish situations that relate to Eleider Alvarez and Adonis Stevenson, by making claims that don't relate to real-world events.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

It's because we've watched them avoid the toughest challenges for years. Nothing they could say in an interview or nothing you could write in an article detracts from the FACT that they've never shared the ring with a particularly live opponent.

The reason why doesn't even really matter.

Excuses, excuses...you haven't fought the best fighters. Period.
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 11:57 It's because we've watched them avoid the toughest challenges for years. Nothing they could say in an interview or nothing you could write in an article detracts from the FACT that they've never shared the ring with a particularly live opponent.

The reason why doesn't even really matter.

Excuses, excuses...you haven't fought the best fighters. Period.
The WBC explained the sequence of events that led to this situation (back in January) and it seems unfair to accuse Adonis Stevenson of being solely responsible for what has transpired - see below:

"WBC move to bullet point the hold-up of the light-heavyweight mandatory ahead of final decision" (Source: World Boxing News):

Eledier Alvarez has officially notified the WBC that he is withdrawing from the WBC-ordered Interim World Championship fight against Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

The WBC Board of Governors will now look into the effect of Mr. Alvarez’ decision on the overall status of the division and will produce an official ruling thereabout in the following days.

The WBC finds it necessary to provide at this point the chronological background facts that have led to the present status of the division. It is important to set the record straight putting the facts in black and white. That way, the affected boxers and the public will have a clear idea of every occurrence that has affected the division in recent years. We have created a simple timeline as follows:

2013

May 25 - Tony Bellew becomes mandatory challenger UD vs Chilemba

June 8 - Adonis Stevenson wins the WBC title KO1 over Chad Dawson

Sept 28 - Stevenson beats Tavoris Cloud in a voluntary defense

Nov 30 - Stevenson wins KO6 vs Bellew in a mandatory defense

*2013 WBC Convention ruling - Jean Pascal to fight Lucien Bute with the winner becoming the next mandatory of the division of the division for November 2014.

2014

Jan 18 - Pascal defeats Bute UD12 and becomes mandatory contender.

May 24 - Stevenson defeats Fonfara UD12 in a voluntary defense.

* Stevenson requests a voluntary defense with a commitment that the winner would fight mandatory challenger Jean Pascal next.

Oct 25 - Eleider Alvarez defeats Ryno Lindberg TKO7 and wins WBC Silver title.

* Mandatory challenger Jean Pascal withdraws from his WBC mandatory challenger position and signs to fight Sergey Kovalev.

Dec 19 – Stevenson defeats Dmitry Suhkotskiy KO5 in a voluntary defense.

*2014 WBC Convention ruling - The WBC mediated to have an unprecedented ruling mandating WBC champion Stevenson to fight the winner of Kovalev vs Pascal which would comply with his mandatory title defense obligations.

2015

March 14 - Kovalev KO7 Pascal winning WBC diamond belt and becoming mandatory for Stevenson.

April 14 - Stevenson UD Bika in a voluntary defense

* After several months of negotiations Kovalev withdraws from fighting Stevenson so the division is left without a mandatory challenger.

Aug 10 - WBC orders Chilemba vs Fonfara as final elimination for the mandatory position.

Aug 15 - Alvarez UD Ranoni defending silver title.

*Fonfara withdraws from final elimination vs Chilemba

Aug 25 - WBC orders Chilemba vs Alvarez final elimination.

Sep 11 - Stevenson KO3 Karpency in a voluntary defense.

Nov 28 - Alvarez UD Chilemba earning mandatory challenger position.

*2015 WBC Convention ruling - Chilemba vs Alvarez final elimination to determine mandatory contender. During the Convention, Kathy Duva and Yvon Michell confirmed they were still having discussions for the Stevenson vs Kovalev Superfight and the WBC confirmed its support if that fight materialized.

2016

July 11 - Stevenson defeats Thomas Williams in a voluntary defense KO4.

Aug 11 - WBC orders free negotiations for mandatory defense Stevenson vs Alvarez.

Sept 13 - GYM confirms WBC that an agreement has been reached so purse offer is cancelled.

* Alvarez requests WBC to accept his fight vs Bute as a defense of the WBC Silver title and also to be a final elimination with the winner being the mandatory of the division.

*2016 WBC Convention ruling - WBC accepts Alvarez’ request to fight Bute with the winner becoming the division’s mandatory challenger. Stevenson is free to do a voluntary defense because the mandatory contender is not available.

2017

Feb 24 - Alvarez defeats Bute KO5 and confirms his mandatory status.

Feb 26 - WBC orders a free negotiation period for Stevenson vs Alvarez.

Mar 24 - Alvarez informs the WBC that he has agreed to step aside to allow Stevenson a voluntary defense.

*WBC Board in favor of ordering another final elimination to have a second mandatory contender.

June 3 - Stevenson KO2 Fonfara in voluntary defense.

June 3 - Alvarez MD12 Pascal confirming Alvarez’ mandatory position.

June 19 - WBC orders free negotiation period for Stevenson v. Alvarez.

*WBC is informed that there is an agreement and that the fight will happen in December at the latest.

*2017 WBC Convention ruling - Champion Adonis Stevenson is scheduled to make a mandatory defense against No. 1 ranked Eleider Alvarez in December. Number 2 Oleksandr Gvozdyk against number 4 Marcus Browne was approved as a final eliminator and when we know the availability of Barrera, he will fight the highest available contender.

*Results from the ruling

- Stevenson request to fight vs former champion Badou Jack.

- Alvarez reports he has agreed to step aside.

- Marcus Browne Withdraws from fighting the final elimination

- WBC orders Gvozdyk vs Sullivan Barrera as a final eliminator. Barrera withdraws from the fight.

Dec 8 - The WBC Board of Governors made a new ruling on the division which was:

- Allow Stevenson vs Jack with the winner committed to fight the mandatory next.

- Order Alvarez to fight Gvozdyk for the WBC Interim World title and mandatory challenger position, with the winner fighting the winner of Stevenson vs Jack. Purse bid date January 12 2018.

2018

Jan 10 - Alvarez withdraws from participating in WBC Interim World Championship fight.

The WBC Board of Governors is in the process of analyzing this situation in depth and will issue an official ruling soon.
filibert
Super Middleweight
Posts: 142
Joined: 10 Apr 2013, 14:26

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by filibert »

Winner should fight Gvozdyk IMO :maybe:
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

Kovalev and his team ducked Stevenson.

Those refusing to accept that clear fact in this thread and attacking those who speak the truth are a disgrace.
Heretic
Super Middleweight
Posts: 2046
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 07:18

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Heretic »

Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 13:29 Kovalev and his team ducked Stevenson.

Those refusing to accept that clear fact in this thread and attacking those who speak the truth are a disgrace.
That the best you can come up with?

I have been called way worse :twisted:

Everyone knows who the duck is here. No amount of fancy words will chance the obvious :OhYes:
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

Heretic wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 13:57That the best you can come up with?

I have been called way worse :twisted:

Everyone knows who the duck is here. No amount of fancy words will chance the obvious :OhYes:
No amount of facts can convince these people.

It's like a religious devotion.

They are insane.
boxing_rocks
Welterweight
Posts: 7851
Joined: 20 May 2016, 13:11

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by boxing_rocks »

The stupid horse is back :verysad:
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

I think we have a new Kalan. 'nuff said.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 13:29 Kovalev and his team ducked Stevenson.

Those refusing to accept that clear fact in this thread and attacking those who speak the truth are a disgrace.
Kovalev has fought Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward. Even Chilemba and Pascal have been better than any of Stevenson's title opponents.

Stevenson on the other hand has fought much lesser contenders every step of the way in his title reign.

There's no question which one is the coward here.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:08 I think we have a new Kalan. 'nuff said.
Nah. Horse ain't Kalan. A bit of a jackass at times, but he ain't Kalan.
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:34
Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 13:29 Kovalev and his team ducked Stevenson.

Those refusing to accept that clear fact in this thread and attacking those who speak the truth are a disgrace.
Kovalev has fought Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward. Even Chilemba and Pascal have been better than any of Stevenson's title opponents.

Stevenson on the other hand has fought much lesser contenders every step of the way in his title reign.

There's no question which one is the coward here.
It's greed. Keep the belt and make more money. It's a shame that we the fans didn't get this fight. No matter how you slice it up, we the fans get robbed of the fight.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:37
gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:34
Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 13:29 Kovalev and his team ducked Stevenson.

Those refusing to accept that clear fact in this thread and attacking those who speak the truth are a disgrace.
Kovalev has fought Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward. Even Chilemba and Pascal have been better than any of Stevenson's title opponents.

Stevenson on the other hand has fought much lesser contenders every step of the way in his title reign.

There's no question which one is the coward here.
It's greed. Keep the belt and make more money. It's a shame that we the fans didn't get this fight. No matter how you slice it up, we the fans get robbed of the fight.
Wouldn't have been much of a fight I don't figure. Would've been a beatdown. That's why Stevenson wanted no part of it.

It'd probably be more competitive now that Kovalev's been shook a little after losing twice. Albeit in controversial fashion both times.
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:34Kovalev has fought Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward. Even Chilemba and Pascal have been better than any of Stevenson's title opponents.

Stevenson on the other hand has fought much lesser contenders every step of the way in his title reign.

There's no question which one is the coward here.
Irrelevant.

Kovalev has obviously fought the better opposition, but when it came to fighting Stevenson, for whatever reason, Kovalev's team ducked and Stevenson's team didn't.

It's counter-intuitive, it's unexpected, but that is what happened.

People should accept that and move on.
Post Reply