Was Thurman taking this long layoff to wait for Porter-Garcia fight being made and not fight Spence ?
-
apollo creed
- Middleweight
- Posts: 7254
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 12:28
-
SenorPipino
- Super Middleweight
- Posts: 6055
- Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 19:40
Re: Was Thurman taking this long layoff to wait for Porter-Garcia fight being made and not fight Spence ?
It's impossible to figure out what's going on in Thurman's head.
I don't believe he's up to anything devious to avoid fights.
Injuries, marriage. Who knows what else.
I don't think that he's thinking much about boxing at this point.
He appears to have lost his hunger.
There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes with Thurman that we're not privy to.
I don't believe he's up to anything devious to avoid fights.
Injuries, marriage. Who knows what else.
I don't think that he's thinking much about boxing at this point.
He appears to have lost his hunger.
There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes with Thurman that we're not privy to.
-
apollo creed
- Middleweight
- Posts: 7254
- Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 12:28
Re: Was Thurman taking this long layoff to wait for Porter-Garcia fight being made and not fight Spence ?
He knows the best fight for him in terms of money and risk is against Porter-Garcia winner. If he remained active people would've keep asking him about Spence.SenorPipino wrote: ↑23 May 2018, 13:23 It's impossible to figure out what's going on in Thurman's head.
I don't believe he's up to anything devious to avoid fights.
Injuries, marriage. Who knows what else.
I don't think that he's thinking much about boxing at this point.
He appears to have lost his hunger.
There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes with Thurman that we're not privy to.
-
SenorPipino
- Super Middleweight
- Posts: 6055
- Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 19:40
Re: Was Thurman taking this long layoff to wait for Porter-Garcia fight being made and not fight Spence ?
He always says that he'll fight Spence next year.apollo creed wrote: ↑23 May 2018, 14:55He knows the best fight for him in terms of money and risk is against Porter-Garcia winner. If he remained active people would've keep asking him about Spence.SenorPipino wrote: ↑23 May 2018, 13:23 It's impossible to figure out what's going on in Thurman's head.
I don't believe he's up to anything devious to avoid fights.
Injuries, marriage. Who knows what else.
I don't think that he's thinking much about boxing at this point.
He appears to have lost his hunger.
There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes with Thurman that we're not privy to.
We'll have to wait to see if he speaks the truth.
I wouldn't be shocked to hear Thurman announce his retirement.
It might not last, but I think he wants to be away from boxing for a spell without hearing the same questions constantly.
Re: Was Thurman taking this long layoff to wait for Porter-Garcia fight being made and not fight Spence ?
Funny thing about this is the same stuff used to be said about Calzaghe, how he was inactive, didn't want to fight anybody and was avoiding Lacy. Not saying this is the exact case with Thurman but we'll know once it plays itself out.
-
Enlightened-One
- Welterweight
- Posts: 14618
- Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12