Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
-
Ruthless-RKO
- Welterweight
- Posts: 103277
- Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59
Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
What was the alternative for Golovkin if he would've held firm on his stance, who would have been his next opponent?
Tom Loeffler, the head of GGG Promotions told BS.com - "we were going to go clearly in the direction of Billy Joe Saunders. I have to give Saunders credit, they had already accepted the offer It had already got to that point where I had made a firm offer to allegedly, which they accepted because I didn't think there was a way to make this work."
Saunders was an attractive option for Golovkin because he holds the WBO middleweight title.
According to Loeffler this match-up would've taken place on August 25th at the Forum near Los Angeles. But as a 'Hail Mary' saved Canelo-GGG II. Saunders lost his opportunity to face Golovkin, who still holds the WBA, IBO and WBC titles.
"I was always upfront with them,'' explained Loeffler.
"They knew that Canelo was the priority but I also told them we wouldn't have made the offer if we thought the Canelo fight was going to get made. So we give Billy Joe Saunders credit for wanting the fight, be willing to unify. It would've been a great promotion, two undefeated champions fighting each other and if Triple G is successful against Canelo - that would be his priority with Saunders."
Tom Loeffler, the head of GGG Promotions told BS.com - "we were going to go clearly in the direction of Billy Joe Saunders. I have to give Saunders credit, they had already accepted the offer It had already got to that point where I had made a firm offer to allegedly, which they accepted because I didn't think there was a way to make this work."
Saunders was an attractive option for Golovkin because he holds the WBO middleweight title.
According to Loeffler this match-up would've taken place on August 25th at the Forum near Los Angeles. But as a 'Hail Mary' saved Canelo-GGG II. Saunders lost his opportunity to face Golovkin, who still holds the WBA, IBO and WBC titles.
"I was always upfront with them,'' explained Loeffler.
"They knew that Canelo was the priority but I also told them we wouldn't have made the offer if we thought the Canelo fight was going to get made. So we give Billy Joe Saunders credit for wanting the fight, be willing to unify. It would've been a great promotion, two undefeated champions fighting each other and if Triple G is successful against Canelo - that would be his priority with Saunders."
-
Ruthless-RKO
- Welterweight
- Posts: 103277
- Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
I wonder how BJS's hamstring is holding up. He's had no fight this year. He could still fight twice.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
Leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth that he's pulling out of fights that fans have paid good money to watch with dubious injury stories whilst openly negotiating for bigger fights.
I'd have no problem if Saunders went after the big two at the division whilst keeping his powder dry but this really goes a long way to show that FW is happy to see fans treated like mugs.
I'd have no problem if Saunders went after the big two at the division whilst keeping his powder dry but this really goes a long way to show that FW is happy to see fans treated like mugs.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
BJS the snake,hope he doesnt fight this year cheating murray out of a fight,doesnt matter if he would of beat murray he has stopped him from earning cash
-
bigjack
- Heavyweight

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
I bet Murray had a little smile to himself when he heard that.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
No surprise at all, BJS has the morals of a cat
-
Bigdogsnose
- Middleweight
- Posts: 1472
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 08:36
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
-
danconnollyeire
- Light Heavyweight
- Posts: 3576
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 10:31
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
For what? The British fvcking title? Who next... Nick Quigley?Bigdogsnose wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 04:34 I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
-
smiling assassin
- Light Heavyweight
- Posts: 3225
- Joined: 05 Jan 2012, 13:12
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
Can't blame BJS for pulling out the Murray fight if he was told there was a good chance he would fight GGG. Murray will be a happy man after hearing that. Saunders comes across as a cock so I don't think to many are gonna feel sorry for him
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
If Saunders wants to fight GGG then he should be arranging to fight him. Not stringing along fans and opponents all of whom end up out of pocket when he pulls the plug.smiling assassin wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 05:48 Can't blame BJS for pulling out the Murray fight if he was told there was a good chance he would fight GGG. Murray will be a happy man after hearing that. Saunders comes across as a cock so I don't think to many are gonna feel sorry for him
-
smiling assassin
- Light Heavyweight
- Posts: 3225
- Joined: 05 Jan 2012, 13:12
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
knowone knows what was said to him though by his promoter to how likely the fight with GGG was to happening. It's not good for all involved in him pulling out but if he pulled out and got the GGG fight all would of been forgotten. This is modern day boxing its business firstdirk2686 wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 06:24If Saunders wants to fight GGG then he should be arranging to fight him. Not stringing along fans and opponents all of whom end up out of pocket when he pulls the plug.smiling assassin wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 05:48 Can't blame BJS for pulling out the Murray fight if he was told there was a good chance he would fight GGG. Murray will be a happy man after hearing that. Saunders comes across as a cock so I don't think to many are gonna feel sorry for him
-
Bigdogsnose
- Middleweight
- Posts: 1472
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 08:36
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
danconnollyeire wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 04:52For what? The British fvcking title? Who next... Nick Quigley?Bigdogsnose wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 04:34 I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
aye seems a pointless fight. Reckon BJS could just be marking time waiting for a big one.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
That's obviously what he's doing. For his sake, I hope he doesn't miss out though. Why would either GGG or Canelo choose to fight him unless there were no other options?Bigdogsnose wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 07:03danconnollyeire wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 04:52For what? The British fvcking title? Who next... Nick Quigley?Bigdogsnose wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 04:34 I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
aye seems a pointless fight. Reckon BJS could just be marking time waiting for a big one.
-
ThereByTheGrace
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 4016
- Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 05:22
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
What a shame for saunders 
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
Just as BJS get some respect, he throws it in the bin with the pull out and blatant dishonesty. Regardless of truth and lies, right or wrong, I personally would never buy a ticket to his fights as far too unreliable.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
I know. Poor bastard. Having an opponent pull out like that
-
Ruthless-RKO
- Welterweight
- Posts: 103277
- Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
-
keithmoonhangover
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 17073
- Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 10:42
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
This.
I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
I can tell that when his lips are movingkeithmoonhangover wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 11:12This.![]()
I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
-
bigjack
- Heavyweight

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
You can always tell when Wazza is lying,his lips are movingkeithmoonhangover wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 11:12This.![]()
I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
Is LA Forum in France?
Odd place for this fight to land
Odd place for this fight to land
-
mickey1975
- Heavyweight

- Posts: 23115
- Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 12:54
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
That's true - and the various head and shoulder twitches get worse.bigjack wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 11:20You can always tell when Wazza is lying,his lips are movingkeithmoonhangover wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 11:12This.![]()
I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.![]()
Like most people one here, I have zero sympathy for BJS.
Murray was not an easy fight, but one that I highly fancied Saunders to win - it would have been ideal preparation for a big fight like against GGG later in the year (guess they were worried about cuts/injury?).
Anyway, BJS and his mate are a pair of pricks !
-
bigjack
- Heavyweight

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
BJS is a vile bully,i thought he was turning a corner when he joined Dominic Ingle and went to Canada for his best win,sadly judging by some of his latest videos he clearly is a complete arsehole.bripez wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 12:05That's true - and the various head and shoulder twitches get worse.bigjack wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 11:20You can always tell when Wazza is lying,his lips are movingkeithmoonhangover wrote: ↑14 Jun 2018, 11:12
This.![]()
I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.![]()
Like most people one here, I have zero sympathy for BJS.
Murray was not an easy fight, but one that I highly fancied Saunders to win - it would have been ideal preparation for a big fight like against GGG later in the year (guess they were worried about cuts/injury?).
Anyway, BJS and his mate are a pair of pricks !
-
Nightmare Roy
- Heavyweight

- Posts: 16925
- Joined: 18 May 2003, 17:29
Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum
I'm feeling the love for BJS in this thread
Murray must be laughing his bollox off.