Joshua-Povetkin Fight Card Predictions?

Post Reply
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Joshua-Povetkin Fight Card Predictions?

Post by Enlightened-One »

I’m going to be watching the entirety of this Saturday’s Joshua-Povetkin fight card and here are my predictions for all the bouts being staged at Wembley Stadium this weekend:

• Anthony Joshua vs. Alexander Povetkin - AJ victory
• Luke Campbell vs. Yvan Mendy - Campbell victory
• Matty Askin vs. Lawrence Okolie - Okolie victory
• Sergey Kuzmin vs. David Price - Kuzmin victory
• Shakhram Giyasov vs. Julio Laguna - Giyasov victory

I normally have a 90% success rate when predicting the outcome of all the Matchroom fight cards, but I have to be honest, I am not as confident as I usually am for my predictions for following bouts: Campbell-Mendy; Kuzmin-Price; and Giyasov-Laguna.

There’s nearly always at least one upset for all the events that Eddie Hearn stages, but which bout is this more likely to occur for Saturday’s fight card?

Thoughts? :confused:
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Joshua-Povetkin Fight Card Predictions?

Post by gilgamesh »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 Sep 2018, 11:27 I’m going to be watching the entirety of this Saturday’s Joshua-Povetkin fight card and here are my predictions for all the bouts being staged at Wembley Stadium this weekend:

• Anthony Joshua vs. Alexander Povetkin - AJ victory
• Luke Campbell vs. Yvan Mendy - Campbell victory
• Matty Askin vs. Lawrence Okolie - Okolie victory
• Sergey Kuzmin vs. David Price - Kuzmin victory
• Shakhram Giyasov vs. Julio Laguna - Giyasov victory

I normally have a 90% success rate when predicting the outcome of all the Matchroom fight cards, but I have to be honest, I am not as confident as I usually am for my predictions for following bouts: Campbell-Mendy; Kuzmin-Price; and Giyasov-Laguna.

There’s nearly always at least one upset for all the events that Eddie Hearn stages, but which bout is this more likely to occur for Saturday’s fight card?

Thoughts? :confused:
The most likely upset is definitely Mendy to beat Luke Campbell...again.
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104812
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Joshua-Povetkin Fight Card Predictions?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑19 Sep 2018, 11:37
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 Sep 2018, 11:27 • Luke Campbell vs. Yvan Mendy - Campbell victory
The most likely upset is definitely Mendy to beat Luke Campbell...again.
Definately. Will anyone be surprised if Mendy wins? He said he's coming for a KO..

He also believed that Campbell received a world title shot before him was because of his nationality and well, Hearn represents Campbell.. he's a promoter that get's things done 90% of the time..
SenorPipino
Super Middleweight
Posts: 6055
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 19:40

Re: Joshua-Povetkin Fight Card Predictions?

Post by SenorPipino »

Is Kuzmin a legitimately big banger?

If so Price's chin is going to take another dent.

If Price goes down and out as ugly as he did versus Povetkin, the British board would have to seriously consider retiring this guy.
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Joshua-Povetkin Fight Card Predictions?

Post by Enlightened-One »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 Sep 2018, 11:27 I’m going to be watching the entirety of this Saturday’s Joshua-Povetkin fight card and here are my predictions for all the bouts being staged at Wembley Stadium this weekend:

• Anthony Joshua vs. Alexander Povetkin - AJ victory
• Luke Campbell vs. Yvan Mendy - Campbell victory
• Matty Askin vs. Lawrence Okolie - Okolie victory
• Sergey Kuzmin vs. David Price - Kuzmin victory
• Shakhram Giyasov vs. Julio Laguna - Giyasov victory

I normally have a 90% success rate when predicting the outcome of all the Matchroom fight cards...
It seems I was 100 % right for once! :lol:
Post Reply