Minimumweight

Frank Bruno vs. Tyson Fury

Post by 669139 »

12 rounds, who wins?
goose 5
Bantamweight

Re: Frank Bruno vs. Tyson Fury

Post by goose 5 »

Fury destroys him-maybe 1 round if he comes out aggressive.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Fury is much more advanced and tough, no way Bruno wins it.
The Docker
Minimumweight

Post by The Docker »

goose 5 wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 11:35 Fury destroys him-maybe 1 round if he comes out aggressive.
This is a hugely ignorant neanderthal post. No-one destroyed Frank in 1 round and he's been in with boxers zeniths better than Fury. Either Frank gases out and Fury wins middle to late, or Frank cleans out the chinny Fury early doors.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

The Docker wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 14:23
goose 5 wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 11:35 Fury destroys him-maybe 1 round if he comes out aggressive.
This is a hugely ignorant neanderthal post. No-one destroyed Frank in 1 round and he's been in with boxers zeniths better than Fury. Either Frank gases out and Fury wins middle to late, or Frank cleans out the chinny Fury early doors.
Bruno had a worse chin and less guts than Fury FFS.
tiny_acres
Lightweight

Post by tiny_acres »

No way does Frank beat Fury
Noxy
Super Lightweight

Post by Noxy »

Fury late stoppage.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Post by keithmoonhangover »

Whatever meds you're on, you need to stop taking 'em.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Fury is no stranger to the canvas and Bruno is a murderous puncher. The Bruno that fought Lewis is a real handful for any version of Fury. Bruno had a hell of lot better chin than some people on here are making out. In the first Tyson fight he took a lot of shots, so he wouldn't be worried about Fury. Frank stoppage of Fury points for me.

Anyone that says Fury in the first might want to actually watch some boxing. Fury's best first round stoppage is Hans Joerg Blasko. First round against Frank? Not happening.
goose 5
Bantamweight

Post by goose 5 »

Frank stoppage of Fury points for me- can you express your opinion a little better ? Stoppage or points win for Frank ; which are you trying to say ?
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

goose 5 wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 11:51 Frank stoppage of Fury points for me- can you express your opinion a little better ? Stoppage or points win for Frank ; which are you trying to say ?
My opinion is that this fight could go either way. Frank stoppage or Fury on points. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.
scorpio83
Super Lightweight

Post by scorpio83 »

Either Fury decision Bruno or stop him late.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

keithmoonhangover wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 11:53
goose 5 wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 11:51 Frank stoppage of Fury points for me- can you express your opinion a little better ? Stoppage or points win for Frank ; which are you trying to say ?
My opinion is that this fight could go either way. Frank stoppage or Fury on points. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.
The Fury that fought Klitschko would outpoint Fury. The new Fury that come forward would walk into something and that would be that.
The Docker
Minimumweight

Post by The Docker »

DrDuke wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 15:57
No he didn’t have a worse chin than Fury, he had a far worse debilitating boxing trait. He took a single shot incredibly well, but like an upturned shark, it completely incapacitated him so he proceeded to then take however many more would put him over.

Folk talk of the Wilder fight 1 shot Fury took, where he rose like the Undertaker…. It was a masterclass by Fury of how to ride a shot, his head was moving away at shot impact and he was already making his own move towards the canvas. Riding with the punch seriously takes the sting out of it, hitting a static or oncoming head takes way more blunt trauma then a head rolling with the punch.

In Wilder fight 3, Fury went over with the waft of a Wilder punch.

Fury has very long levers that makes him difficult to get to, he his a master of tying the other boxer up and not too fussed in winning ugly.

Its unfathomable how you could arrive at the conclusion Fury would knock Frank out in 1 round, that would make him a better finisher than a prime Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis. Which by any measurable performance indicator makes you a retard.

The sound bet would be pretty much like the Lewis fight, Frank performs admirably until the mid rounds, then Frank is let down buy his energy sapping muscular frame which burns out all his resource.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

The Docker wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 04:19
No he didn’t have a worse chin than Fury, he had a far worse debilitating boxing trait. He took a single shot incredibly well, but like an upturned shark, it completely incapacitated him so he proceeded to then take however many more would put him over.

Folk talk of the Wilder fight 1 shot Fury took, where he rose like the Undertaker…. It was a masterclass by Fury of how to ride a shot, his head was moving away at shot impact and he was already making his own move towards the canvas. Riding with the punch seriously takes the sting out of it, hitting a static or oncoming head takes way more blunt trauma then a head rolling with the punch.

In Wilder fight 3, Fury went over with the waft of a Wilder punch.

Fury has very long levers that makes him difficult to get to, he his a master of tying the other boxer up and not too fussed in winning ugly.

Its unfathomable how you could arrive at the conclusion Fury would knock Frank out in 1 round, that would make him a better finisher than a prime Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis. Which by any measurable performance indicator makes you a retard.

The sound bet would be pretty much like the Lewis fight, Frank performs admirably until the mid rounds, then Frank is let down buy his energy sapping muscular frame which burns out all his resource.
Actually, I didn't suggest the first round and the guy, who did, wasn't sure, he said "maybe". So, you're delusional about this just like about Frank's punch resistance. Bruno got both dazed and broken mentally after receiving good shots. Fury's able to stand his ground and to counteract. That's an obvious thing.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Don't be silly. Bruno got hit by some hellacious shots from Mike Tyson in the first fight and Fury got knocked down by a light hitting cruiserweight.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 08:03
Don't be silly. Bruno got hit by some hellacious shots from Mike Tyson in the first fight and Fury got knocked down by a light hitting cruiserweight.
Don't be silly, Bruno was stunned by Tyson and was left defenceless, while Fury suffered a flash knockdown. Bruno got stopped and badly hurt in a number of other fights. When did he came back like Fury?
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

DrDuke wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 08:07

Don't be silly, Bruno was stunned by Tyson and was left defenceless, while Fury suffered a flash knockdown. Bruno got stopped and badly hurt in a number of other fights. When did he came back like Fury?
Errrr... in the first Tyson fight. Have you actually seen the fight? :confused: He gets knocked down in the first round, comes back to wobble Tyson and takes lots of shots before the barrage on the ropes.

Who do you think hits harder, Mike Tyson or Steve Cunningham?
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 08:10
DrDuke wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 08:07

Errrr... in the first Tyson fight. Have you actually seen the fight? :confused: He gets knocked down in the first round, comes back to wobble Tyson and takes lots of shots before the barrage on the ropes.

Who do you think hits harder, Mike Tyson or Steve Cunningham?
It seems, that it's you who need to watch that fight. Bruno lost the first round in a one-sided fashion and managed to land only one good punch, on which all britiots are sold. After that Bruno kept getting whooped.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

DrDuke wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 09:03 Bruno kept getting whooped.
By one of the biggest punchers in boxing history, which proves Bruno had a good chin.

Who hit harder, Mike Tyson or Steve Cunningham? You can add Neven Pajkic into that mix if you want.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 09:14
By one of the biggest punchers in boxing history, which proves Bruno had a good chin.

Who hit harder, Mike Tyson or Steve Cunningham? You can add Neven Pajkic into that mix if you want.
What's the point of bringing those, as if Fury fought only them. He came back not only against them, but also vs Wilder. Who hits harder Wilder or Witherspoon or Smith? Your obsession with Bruno is ridiculous.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

DrDuke wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 10:01

What's the point of bringing those, as if Fury fought only them. He came back not only against them, but also vs Wilder. Who hits harder Wilder or Witherspoon or Smith? Your obsession with Bruno is ridiculous.
I'm not a Bruno fan, never was. I have a feeling that Fury might be your favourite.

I bring it up because you said Fury had a better chin. Bruno was only decked by guys who held the world heavyweight championship, two of which are Hall of Famers. Bruno went down through a ferocious barrage by Bonecrusher Smith. Cunningham and Pajkic floored Fury with single shots.

Is Neven Pajkic in the IBHoF? I can't see his name in there. :maybe:
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 11:25

I'm not a Bruno fan, never was. I have a feeling that Fury might be your favourite.

I bring it up because you said Fury had a better chin. Bruno was only decked by guys who held the world heavyweight championship, two of which are Hall of Famers. Bruno went down through a ferocious barrage by Bonecrusher Smith. Cunningham and Pajkic floored Fury with single shots.

Fury came back vs every opponent, who floored him, including Wilder, a one of the greatest punchers ever.

Bruno lost every time, when he got in trouble.

What a brainer ffs.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

DrDuke wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 12:17
keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 11:25

Fury came back vs every opponent, who floored him, including Wilder, a one of the greatest punchers ever.

Bruno lost every time, when he got in trouble.

What a brainer ffs.
Fury has better recuperative power, I agree, But we are talking about chin. People with great chins don't get floored by Neven Pajkic.
Ambling Alp II
Welterweight

Post by Ambling Alp II »

Bruno is more tested; the problem being that he often failed the tests.
Fury looked awful against an ancient Klitschko. Wilder is his only live opponent his entire career. Wilder could punch but that is it. If Bruno caught Fury, he might actually have been able to put him away. Bruno didn't have a good chin himself, but it may have been good enough against Fury's "power".