Classic fights I've watched recently
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Vito Antuofermo vs Eugene Hart
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Marvin Hagler vs Willie Monroe 3
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Mustafa Hamsho vs Wilford Scypion
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Danny "Little Red" Lopez vs Jose Torres
What an incredible fight this is. Lopez as seemed to be his habit goes down in the early rounds, and comes back to pummel the Bejesus out of Torres. This fight would've been stopped for 100% certain in Round 4 if it were in the modern era, but Torres somehow survived that assault and keeps the fight going into the 7th. An absolute shootout.
What an incredible fight this is. Lopez as seemed to be his habit goes down in the early rounds, and comes back to pummel the Bejesus out of Torres. This fight would've been stopped for 100% certain in Round 4 if it were in the modern era, but Torres somehow survived that assault and keeps the fight going into the 7th. An absolute shootout.
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Danny "Little Red" Lopez vs Mike Ayala
Absolutely amazing fight, and one thing that is often overlooked when people remember this fight is a bizarre moment in which referee Carlos Padilla stops the fight in the 11th round, and then changes his mind after conversing with the time keeper or something? I've never seen anything like it before.
It felt to me like they were trying to give Ayala the hometown kid an advantage, but it was a strange occurrence to say the least, but the thing this bout should be remembered for is for being one of the greatest Featherweight Title bouts of all time.
And on a sidenote. How about that Introduction from the Ring Announcer for Mike Ayala? Holy sh*t talk about atmosphere
Absolutely amazing fight, and one thing that is often overlooked when people remember this fight is a bizarre moment in which referee Carlos Padilla stops the fight in the 11th round, and then changes his mind after conversing with the time keeper or something? I've never seen anything like it before.
It felt to me like they were trying to give Ayala the hometown kid an advantage, but it was a strange occurrence to say the least, but the thing this bout should be remembered for is for being one of the greatest Featherweight Title bouts of all time.
And on a sidenote. How about that Introduction from the Ring Announcer for Mike Ayala? Holy sh*t talk about atmosphere
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Mustafa Hamsho vs Alan Minter
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Marvin Hagler vs Mustafa Hamsho 1+2
Last edited by handsofstone on 22 Sep 2026, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Juan Manuel Marquez vs Julio Sanchez Leon
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Juan Manuel Marquez vs Julian Wheeler
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Mustafa Hamsho vs Bobby Czyz
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Juan Manuel Marquez vs Daryl Pinckney
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Mustafa Hamsho vs Wilfred Benitez
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Donny Lalonde vs Mustafa Hamsho
-
Ambling Alp II
- Super Middleweight
- Posts: 15395
- Joined: 04 Nov 2012, 18:31
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Hamsho fought a lot good fighters. Had some success. You don't hear people talk about him much anymore.
-
handsofstone
- Cruiserweight
- Posts: 23313
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Graciano Rocchigiani vs Mustafa Hamsho
Re: Classic fights I've watched recently
Juan Manuel Marquez vs Joel Casamayor