Classic fights I've watched recently

handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Vito Antuofermo vs Eugene Hart
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Marvin Hagler vs Willie Monroe 3
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Mustafa Hamsho vs Wilford Scypion
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47501
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by gilgamesh »

Danny "Little Red" Lopez vs Jose Torres

What an incredible fight this is. Lopez as seemed to be his habit goes down in the early rounds, and comes back to pummel the Bejesus out of Torres. This fight would've been stopped for 100% certain in Round 4 if it were in the modern era, but Torres somehow survived that assault and keeps the fight going into the 7th. An absolute shootout.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47501
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by gilgamesh »

Danny "Little Red" Lopez vs Mike Ayala

Absolutely amazing fight, and one thing that is often overlooked when people remember this fight is a bizarre moment in which referee Carlos Padilla stops the fight in the 11th round, and then changes his mind after conversing with the time keeper or something? I've never seen anything like it before.

It felt to me like they were trying to give Ayala the hometown kid an advantage, but it was a strange occurrence to say the least, but the thing this bout should be remembered for is for being one of the greatest Featherweight Title bouts of all time.

And on a sidenote. How about that Introduction from the Ring Announcer for Mike Ayala? Holy sh*t talk about atmosphere :lol:
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Mustafa Hamsho vs Alan Minter
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Marvin Hagler vs Mustafa Hamsho 1+2
Last edited by handsofstone on 22 Sep 2026, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47501
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by gilgamesh »

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Julio Sanchez Leon
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47501
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by gilgamesh »

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Julian Wheeler
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Mustafa Hamsho vs Bobby Czyz
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47501
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by gilgamesh »

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Daryl Pinckney
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Mustafa Hamsho vs Wilfred Benitez
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Donny Lalonde vs Mustafa Hamsho
Ambling Alp II
Super Middleweight
Posts: 15395
Joined: 04 Nov 2012, 18:31

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by Ambling Alp II »

Hamsho fought a lot good fighters. Had some success. You don't hear people talk about him much anymore.
handsofstone
Cruiserweight
Posts: 23313
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by handsofstone »

Graciano Rocchigiani vs Mustafa Hamsho
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47501
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Classic fights I've watched recently

Post by gilgamesh »

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Joel Casamayor
Post Reply