FLORENTINO FERNANDEZ RIP

Post Reply
enrique
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 1118
Joined: 25 Feb 2002, 20:00

FLORENTINO FERNANDEZ RIP

Post by enrique »

A FEW MINUTES AGO I RECEIVED CONFIRMATION THAT FLORENTINO FERNANDEZ DIED THIS MORNING. HE WAS A CHEERFUL HAPPY GUY WITH A BRUTAL LEFT HOOK WHO KAYOED JOSE TORRES, WENT 2-2 WITH HARD PUNCHER ROCKY RIVERO AND FOUGHT THE BEST OF HIS GENERATION INCLUDING LOSING A VERY TIGHT TITLE BID AGAINST GENE FULLMER IN WHICH HE BROKE FULLMER'S ELBOW.

RIP OLD FRIEND
elmersalsa
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 15921
Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 03:50

Re: FLORENTINO FERNANDEZ RIP

Post by elmersalsa »

May he rest in peace. He was one of Cuba's greatest fighters. And definately, one of boxing's pound per pound greatest punchers. Florentino Fernandez dead at 76.
Rover
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7323
Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 00:28

Re: FLORENTINO FERNANDEZ RIP

Post by Rover »

RIP.
dillingham
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 15
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 15:14

Re: FLORENTINO FERNANDEZ RIP

Post by dillingham »

Rover wrote:RIP.
I remember seeing some of his fights on the BBC in the early sixties. An all-action boxer. R.I.P.
Post Reply