Round-by-Round: Jamie McDonnell vs. Naoya Inoue - 25 May 2018

For RBR threads only
Taansend
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Round-by-Round: Jamie McDonnell vs. Naoya Inoue - 25 May 2018

Post by Taansend »

Nightmare Roy wrote: 25 May 2018, 10:53 Just watched it on the tube :oo tasty little fcuker isn't he :twisted:
You could hear his thudding punches. Hope they continue to match him tough.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Nightmare Roy wrote: 25 May 2018, 10:53 Just watched it on the tube :oo tasty little fcuker isn't he :twisted:
So calm. When he rocked Jams with the head shot, he could have jumped on him, but he remained calm and eventually, he stopped him..
Ringnews24
Middleweight

Post by Ringnews24 »

I didn't expect Inoue to blow McDonnell away so fast. He certainly made a statement to the boxing world and all the bantamweights. Time for McDonnell to move up.
handsofstone
Super Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Serious statement up at Bantam for Inoue, I fancied him to stop McDonnell but I thought Jamie would've hung around longer even if down early but Inoue just obliterated him, McDonnell was hurt to the body straight away, the first knockdown looked like a left to the body and even when Inoue stopped him McDonnell caught him with some solid shots but Inoue just punched through him and bludgeoned him to the canvas

McDonnell will surely move up now but Inoue is a serious player in the WBSS
handsofstone
Super Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

That was a cracking body shot from Shiro to stop Lopez, straight right , he caught him with it just before the finisher, don't have to be a puncher when you land a shot like that, Lopez was never gonna beat the count
Datsue
Cruiserweight

Post by Datsue »

Just got in from work & watched it—glad I avoided the result.

Inoue hits like a fuckin' middleweight.
Boxerbeetle
Middleweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

MightyWarrior wrote: 25 May 2018, 08:32 It’s rare you’ll see such a badly prepared world champion make a feeble defence like that
Indeed. McDonnell folded quicker than one of Frank W’s Latvian imports. Hugely disappointing.
Oiky
Super Lightweight

Post by Oiky »

FairPlay for taking the fight, but very disappointing
HellraiserBoxing
Middleweight

Post by HellraiserBoxing »

Amazing! #InoueMcDonnell 👊👍
Gnome
Super Middleweight

Post by Gnome »

Blimming heck, that was something else :-?
TheLeprechaun
Welterweight

Post by TheLeprechaun »

A guy I know who lives in Japan said Inoue was furious over McDonnell coming to the weigh in an hour late and making no apology. He said in the post fight interview Inoue was still talking about it and saying he wanted to destroy McDonnell for showing disrespect in japan
Boxing Prospect
Super Welterweight

Post by Boxing Prospect »

TheLeprechaun wrote: 26 May 2018, 04:23 A guy I know who lives in Japan said Inoue was furious over McDonnell coming to the weigh in an hour late and making no apology. He said in the post fight interview Inoue was still talking about it and saying he wanted to destroy McDonnell for showing disrespect in japan
One of the leading Japanese websites for boxing reported this (Google translated)

"Inoue who passed by 53.5 kilometers of limit is angry hearty in this. When I was asked for photography, I glared at the champion with a hard face I could not go on. In the interview immediately after, "I am playing, I thought it was a gentleman the day before yesterday, but there is no over one hour, I do not even have one word of apology but I am angry and there is no campaign attitude. I'm going to hit you) "declared" punishment "of anger."
Boxerbeetle
Middleweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

Boxing Prospect wrote: 26 May 2018, 08:17
TheLeprechaun wrote: 26 May 2018, 04:23 A guy I know who lives in Japan said Inoue was furious over McDonnell coming to the weigh in an hour late and making no apology. He said in the post fight interview Inoue was still talking about it and saying he wanted to destroy McDonnell for showing disrespect in japan
One of the leading Japanese websites for boxing reported this (Google translated)

"Inoue who passed by 53.5 kilometers of limit is angry hearty in this. When I was asked for photography, I glared at the champion with a hard face I could not go on. In the interview immediately after, "I am playing, I thought it was a gentleman the day before yesterday, but there is no over one hour, I do not even have one word of apology but I am angry and there is no campaign attitude. I'm going to hit you) "declared" punishment "of anger."
Inoue “is hearty angry” :lol:

I fvcking love bad translations :yay:
Boxing Prospect
Super Welterweight

Post by Boxing Prospect »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 26 May 2018, 08:26

Katsunari Takayama's trainer (Hiroaki Nakade) used to have his name translated as "Virginal Cum Shot" , which is probably the funniest I've seen
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 26 May 2018, 08:26

'Hearty angry...declared punishment of anger' :yay: