
Davies will clash with former long-reigning lightweight world champion Vazquez at York Hall on June 28 – live on ESPN+ in association with Top Rank.
Long-time super-lightweight contender Ohara Davies (18-2, 14 KOs), last seen in October suffering a points defeat to WBO No.1 contender Jack Catterall, returns to action June 28 against former long-reigning lightweight world champion Miguel Vazquez (41-7, 15 KOs) at the historic York Hall in London.
Vazquez, a native of Guadalajara, Mexico, previously held the IBF world title for four years between 2010-2014 before losing to Mickey Bey via a controversial split decision in Las Vegas in September 2014.
'El Títere' made his professional debut on January 20, 2006 against a 15-year-old Canelo Álvarez in a welterweight bout, losing a four-round split decision. Vazquez, now 32, then won his next 18 contests before losing a unanimous decision to Timothy Bradley on July 27, 2007, in a bout for the WBC Youth super-lightweight title.
The 48-fight veteran now journies to the UK for the secon time in his 13-year professional career and Davies welcomes the challenge of facing one of the sport’s craftiest veterans.
Davies said: “It puts me back on the world scene and I feel like that’s where I truly belong. I’m ready to make amends and right all the wrongs from my last fight.
“I know what mistakes I made against Catterall and now I’m going to capitalise. I’ve had a quiet few months since then, but I’ve been training every day, so I’ll be the best me when I get in there.
“Some people said I should fight a journeyman and ease myself back into things, but I know what I can do.
“York Hall is not far from my house. I might even get the bus down there on the night! London is my hometown and I’m comfortable here. I have my friends and family here, and that means a lot to me.”
Stay tuned for announcements regarding more fights and fighters on the card, which will also be broadcast live on iFL TV.

Tickets on sale here