Gennady Golovkin vs. Saul Alvarez (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:2257534)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Saul Alvarez 159 lbs beat Gennadiy Golovkin 160 lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2018-09-15
- Location: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 114-114
1910 2109 3109 4910 5109 6109 7109 8109 9910 10910 11910 12910
- Judge: Dave Moretti 115-113
1910 2109 3109 4910 5109 6109 7910 8109 9109 10910 11910 12109
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 115-113
1910 2109 3109 4910 5109 6109 7109 8910 9109 10910 11910 12109
- Promoter: Oscar De La Hoya (Golden Boy Promotions), Tom Loeffler (K2 Promotions)
- Aired On: HBO PPV, BT Sport PPV
- WBA Super World middleweight title (20th defence by Golovkin)
- WBC World middleweight title (5th defence by Golovkin)
- IBO World middleweight title (18th defence by Golovkin)
- vacant The Ring middleweight title
- A sold-out crowd of 21,965 at T-Mobile Arena.
- Moretti scored last year's fight 115-113 for Golovkin. He scores 115-113 for Canelo this time.
- Golovkin didn't do a postfight interview with HBO and immediately left the ring. He went to the dressing room and received eight stitches for a cut over his right eye that he suffered late in the fight.
- Sanchez told Golovkin in the corner that he was losing the fight after the seventh round.
- Alvarez:"I feel satisfied because I gave a great fight. It was a clear victory."
- Golovkin:"I'm not going to say who won tonight, because the victory belongs to Canelo, according to the judges. I thought it was a very good fight for the fans and very exciting. I thought I fought better than he did."