Floyd Patterson vs. Brian London
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Floyd Patterson 183 lbs beat Brian London 206 lbs by KO at 0:51 in round 11 of 15
- Date: 1959-05-01
- Location: Fairgrounds Coliseum, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Referee: Frank Sikora
- London was a 10 to 1 underdog.
- The contract had a rematch clause. If London had won, he would've had to give Patterson a rematch in 90 days.
- Patterson was guaranteed $75,000 or 60 percent of the net gate, whichever was greater, plus $200,00 from television. London was promised $60,000, plus expenses for training and transportation.
- The fight drew a crowd of about 10,000 and an estimated gate of $120,000.
- Patterson floored London in rounds 10 and 11.
- The fight was scored on the five-point must system. Referee Frank Sikora had Patterson ahead 50-34, Judge Kelse McClure had him in front 50-40 and Judge Marshall Baumgartner had him leading 49-40.