Frenchy Belanger vs. Harry Hill (2nd meeting)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Frenchy Belanger 112 lbs beat Harry Hill 111 lbs by TKO in round 6 of 10
- Date: 1929-05-13
- Location: Coliseum, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Canadian Flyweight Title (1st defense of Hill)
- Weights: Hill 111 lbs, Belanger 111.5 lbs
- Hill was knocked down eight times: for a three-count in the 1st, six and seven counts in the 2nd, a six-count in the 3rd, an eight-count in the 5th, saved by the bell, and a two count in the 6th, and the final toll before the towel was tossed into the ring.
- Belanger gave Hill "the worst beating a boxer of class has received in a Toronto ring in years" (Hill claimed that he had never been KO'd in 400 bouts) according to The Globe.
Belanger vs. Hill I
| Canadian Flyweight Title Fight
Gregerson vs. Lamothe