Kelly Pavlik vs. Jermain Taylor (2nd meeting)
Kelly Pavlik 164 lbs beat Jermain Taylor 164 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2008-02-16
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 115-113
- Judge: Dave Moretti 117-111
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 116-112
- Weights: 164 lbs (each)
- Aired on: HBO Pay-Per-View
The fight was more of a tactical duel than their first, with Pavlik wearing Taylor down with continual jabs, while Taylor scored with more flashy, sporadic bursts. Pavlik won the fight by Unanimous Decision (117-111, 115-113, 116-112), handing Taylor his second defeat. After the ninth round, Taylor was mostly grabbing and holding on to Pavlik to avoid his punchess, and hardly showing any offensive counterattack.
- ESPN reported that Pavlik may have broken his hand in the seventh round.
- Bout was held four and a half months after their first meeting since Taylor exercised his rematch clause.
- Pavlik's titles were not at stake, due to the catchweight limit of 166 lbs.
- ESPN.com scored the bout, 114-114.
- See also: Taylor vs. Pavlik I.