Lou Ambers vs. Henry Armstrong (1st meeting)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lou Ambers 134 lbs lost to Henry Armstrong 134 lbs by SD in round 15 of 15
- Date: 1938-08-17
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Billy Cavanaugh
- Judge: Marty Monroe
- Judge: George LeCron
- Scoring: 8-6-1 (Armstrong), 7-6-2 (Armstrong), 8-7 (Ambers)
- Armstrong was penalized 4 rounds, which were awarded to Ambers.
- Named #12 Greatest Title Fight of All-Time by The Ring Magazine in 1996.
- Photo #2, Photo #3
- Until the Real Thing Comes Along: The Night Henry Armstrong Made History Against Lou Ambers: Part 1: , Part 2: