Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Managers: Bob Botto, Murray Gaby, Angelo Dundee, Johnny Gagliardi
- Trainers: Chuck Talhami, Angelo Dundee, Vin Clerico (uncle)
- Curto, who claimed a 250-fight amateur career, was a New England amateur champion and lied about his age and turned pro at 15. 
- Curto was scheduled to fight Marvin Hagler on September 24, 1977, but disappeared to Seattle three days before the bout and had to be replaced. For the offence, he was stripped of his state license and did not fight in Massachusetts for three years. 
- In June of 1975, Curto was suspended and fined $500 by the Miami Beach Boxing Commission for pulling out of his scheduled bout again Irish Gene Wells causing the card to be cancelled. 
- In early 1974, Curto had an operation to remove a cyst from his spine. The weight loss from the recovery and an infection allowed Curto to return to the ring at middleweight.
- An autobiographical movie titled "Out On My Feet" was set to be made about the life of Curto, but was cancelled when the primary financier died. Mark Wahlberg was to play Curto and the movie was to be co-produced by Robert De Niro, who would portray Angelo Dundee. 
- Started as a lightheavyweight and trimmed down to light-middleweight.
- Curto has appeared in supporting roles in numerous movies and television shows. IMDB Database
- Once managed by actor Sly Stallone.