Name: Werther Arcelli
Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Birthplace: San Felice sul Panaro, Emilia Romagna, Italy
Died: 1993-10-19 (Age:84)
Pro Boxer: Record
Amateur Boxer: Record
Managers: Phil Buccola, Dan Carroll
- Arcelli arrived on the Roma with the Italian National Boxing Team on January 27, 1930, to compete in an International Tournament against the United States and Germany in Boston (Feb 3), New York (Feb 10), and Grand Rapids (Feb 17). He was scheduled to return to Italy on Feb 22nd. But circumstances allowed Arcelli and Oddone Piazza to remain in Boston where they turned professional.
- Arcelli was a world ranked welterweight from March 1934 to February 1935; his highest ranking was at #4.
- He won the New England Welterweight Title from Andy Callahan on January 19,1934.
- He later became a US citizen and settled in Dorchester, MA.
- Died October 19, 1993, Magnolia; Decker Prairie, Texas.