Alexander Povetkin v Michael Hunter and Scott Quigg v Jono Carroll have been confirmed by promoter Eddie Hearn as additions to the undercard of the December 7 Andy Ruiz-Anthony Joshua rematch in Saudi Arabia.
Hearn told iFL TV during Wednesday’s media workouts for Saturday’s Regis Prograis-Josh Taylor 140lb unification world title fight that a further three or possibly four fights have still to be announced for the world heavyweight title clash at the purpose built Diriyah Arena on the outskirts of the country’s capital Riyadh.
Speaking to Boxing Scene last week, for an in-depth interview to be published at a later date, one of the undercard’s participants Jono Carroll said “We’re right in the middle of negotiations [with Quigg]. Whether it happens or doesn’t happen, I'm not 100% but please God it does. He’s a really big name. It’d be something I’d be well up for and it’d be an amazing fight. Please God it does happen on the Joshua bill as well because it would be an amazing experience for me. Another mad country to tick off the list. It’d be an experience and a half. I’d definitely be game for it.”
By Shaun Brown